BAS function speed limit is cummulative in T1 mode and much slower than 250mm/s

• Hi,

KSS: 8.5

Controller: KR C4 Compact

Robot: KR10 R1100-2

In my program I use

BAS (#VEL_PTP, 40)

... to limit the speed.

But this has a negative side effect of limiting the allready lowered speed in T1 mode by another factor when I run through my program.

So basically I end up with:

250mm/s * My limit 40% * TouchPad limit 100% = 100mm/s

I have also limited the ACC_PTP; VEL_CP and ACC_CP using the BAS function. Running through my program in T1 mode to see that everything is OK is super slow.

Is there a clever trick where I still get the 250mm/s in T1 mode regardless of the speed limits I have set in the program... other than commenting out the speed limit. Beacause this results in me forgetting to re-enable the speed limits and things are too fast.

Thank you,

• I am also running into this. I did not find that the condition statement above worked for my robot, but I thought I would share the workaround that I have been using to get the robot to travel at a higher speed when in T1. As you run through your program, when you get to one of the slow PTP movements, you can "Block Select" that command by clicking on the "Block Selection" button at the bottom of the screen and then resume your program. The robot travels at higher speed when the command is block selected for whatever reason. This works on my robot, but not sure if it is applicable to all Kukas. My robot is running KSS 8.3.

• PTP is the fastest motion... and this is why in T1 mode PTP is throttled more aggressively than other types of motion.

but in some cases there is a bug and safety controller reduces speed even further. in such case in T1 mode PTP becomes really really slow, specially when approximated with CP motions... by doing BCO you can skip that super slow part and get straight to CP motion such as LIN and robot will move normally. solution is to contact KUKA. they will tell you how to fix this (for example by changing limits in safety controller or whatever).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• What do you mean by "Safety controller" Is this some physical part of the Kuka cabinet? Can this be accesssed by WorkVisual or by TeachPendent or by modifying parameters in $MACHINE.DAT ?

How can I change the limits in the safety controller?

I am sure I have hit the "bug" you are referring to because Kuka help responded with:

If the maximum axis velocity configured for T1 in the safety controller is lower than the maximum possible axis velocity $RED_T1*max., the reduction factor is automatically reduced to prevent the velocity monitoring from being triggered.

Advertising from our partners