How is the coronavirus affecting your work?

• (Western Wisconsin) Laid off last tuesday and called back to work on friday. (Still shaking my head) About a quarter of the workforce was called back just to cover the main lines. Mainly the same here wear a mask, wash up a lot, temp readings, and cleaning.

• Illinois - Mostly working from home. Still doing on-sire support to some customers who's related to medical production. Rest of the machine installations have been postponed to unknown time.

P.S. toilet paper is available, but limited. I believe that we can see a toilet paper in vending soon.

• Québec - Canada

Every non essential industry is shutdown (I think it's obvious at this point).
    They started to restraint the travel to some region outside of the Montreal so that smaller hospital don't get overrun.
    We have the most cases in Canada, but it's still well under control and our heath system still has a lot of headroom (my sister is a nurse, so I have good incite information).

For the business side of things, as I've been working from home for the last 18 months or so, it's just business as usual for me (I realize that my normal life was pretty much a quarantine, lol). I just don't feel alone in the situation anymore, hehe.
    And for the business itself, it's a bit strange. We receive a lot of requests as more people are either interested by offline programming or finally have the time to try a new tool. Let's hope it will translate to real business afterwards.

We also decided to give bundles of educational licenses for free for 4 months to any teacher reach out to us. We try to help them quickly transform their robotic classes to remote ones.
    Fun fact, I'm giving lecture in robotic and automation at a university here in Montreal. I just learn early this week that I'll have to give my class remotely starting early May (we have three semesters a year). So I'll be in the same position as all the other teacher I was trying to help. 1 month to put in place a brand new university course + my day job at RoboDK + my 1 year old at home... That's gonna be an interesting month of April, that's for sure.

Cheers guys.
    Stay safe.

RoboDK - Simulation and Offline programming software for industrial and collaborative robots.

Visit us at RoboDK.com
    Take a look at our tutorial videos on our YouTube channel.

Edited once, last by Jeremy RoboDK ().

• South korea...

Enforcement entry process as like other country.

You know, Check Body Temperature, Fill out location Live form...

Work schdule little bit delayed.

But, still continue.

Ah, Biztrip schdule all suspended.

Becuz South korea has failed prevent China Virus.

And ... we get international isolation.

Dumb president.... damn.

ABB, FANUC, Hyundai, Kawasaki

Edited once, last by saberlars ().

• Unfortunately, here in Indiana, there's too much leeway in determining if you're 'essential' or not.

We have a customer that makes a part that goes in an 'essential' motor. And we do one of those fabrication steps in-house on a CNC. So, due to that ONE machine and ONE operator, our entire company has branded themselves as 'essential' as well.

Thus, business mostly as usual. They still have us traveling out-of-state for what I would consider 'non-essential' work.

• Unfortunately, here in Indiana, there's too much leeway in determining if you're 'essential' or not.

I don't think that's unfortunate at all. People need to get back to work! And your company probably cannot afford to stay open for just one or three people to make and process this one part.

It is coming to light that we are not getting accurate information from the WHO and the CDC. The effects of this pandemic appear to have been significantly over-exaggerated and there are only a handful of real problem areas here in the USA. Yet we've shut down the entire country and intentionally destroyed the best economy and lowest unemployment this country has ever seen because of that false information.

It's also being surmised that this thing may have been running rampant inside the US since last December or sooner. My wife and one of my sons was sicker than normal before Christmas last year. Seemed like more than just a flu and I suggested my wife go to the doctor over it but she did not. It lasted longer than the flu, too.

I don't usually get sick but I got a few symptoms of flu as well, but not enough to keep me home. I still have a slight cough from it.

Anyway, I believe any business in an area like Indiana (population of almost 7 million with only 350 deaths so far from what I can tell) should stay open if they can find any loophole.

Quarantine the problem areas. Make the elderly and high risk people in all areas self quarantine. But allow any business that can provide their service while maintaining safety (via SD or other methods) to continue to do business.

Shove your full-page ads up your ass and delete my account.

• So here we are in September and I'm starting to see more and more traffic on the way to work. That's a good thing because my fellow man is getting back to work, but it's a bad thing because all the idiots are back on the road and apparently they're mad as hell.

The good news is that here at work we've been running 2 shifts plus weekends full time since before this all started. We implemented 3 new CNC machines and 2 new robots (total of 3 robots now) to run these 3 different respirator parts we make.

/ranton/

Now the bad news:

In the United States we've had < 200,000 so-called covid deaths in a country of ~350 million people (which is right on par with an average or above average flu season). Problem is, the people counting the numbers have been lying to us.

"Oh, that guy got in a head-on collision with a semi-truck and died? He died of Covid!! Oh, this guy got shot in the head? That one drowned? This one had cancer?

They all died from Covid!!"

By looking at the numbers and causes of death, this year we absolutely, without a doubt, 100% cured the flu AND pneumonia and reduced cancer deaths by about 60%.

What a great achievement, don't you think?

It's a crock of dung is what it is.

Seems every day I read something new or see some chart saying how bad this faux plandemic turned out NOT to be. And how it's "SO DANGEROUS", you can have it and not even know it. :pouting_face:

And just last weekend the CDC quietly revised it's statistics for deaths here in the US. They finally told the truth about how many are actually dying from JUST covid, and the number is LESS than 10,000. (6% of their total original number). The other 94% of so-called covid deaths had an average of 2.5 major pre-existing conditions when they "died of covid".

So in reality the odds of a healthy person dying from covid are around 0.0003%. You have a better chance of dying from sunstroke, bee stings, or being hit by a bicycle than this faux virus.

Not only that, but the vast majority of "positive" tests have turned out to be false positives (either a straight up false positive or numbers so low they cannot cause any symptoms nor spread to someone else).

Yet we locked down the entire country (world) and destroyed an untold number of families' ability to make a living and closed businesses that are never coming back.

Why? For our health?

No. It's absolutely, 100% guaranteed, NOT about our health.

/rantoff/

Today I read where HHS (Health and Human Services) are going to be cancelling millions of dollars of contracts for respirator parts. We will most likely be affected by that and will need to find other things for my robot army to do.

Lastly, I keep hearing about the "second wave" of plandemic lockdowns coming this month. Hope you all stocked up on toilet paper!

• Your post isn't factual, friend. First

In the United States we've had < 200,000 so-called covid deaths in a country of ~350 million people (which is right on par with an average or above average flu season)

This is a dangerous statement far too many people won't stop making. At risk of cliche, you're doing the apples and oranges thing. If the number is similar, that's irrelevant - flu season's comin' and going as per usual, as well as the people that die of covid. It's an AND, not an OR.

And just last weekend the CDC quietly revised it's statistics for deaths here in the US. They finally told the truth about how many are actually dying from JUST covid, and the number is LESS than 10,000. (6% of their total original number). The other 94% of so-called covid deaths had an average of 2.5 major pre-existing conditions when they "died of covid".

So in reality the odds of a healthy person dying from covid are around 0.0003%. You have a better chance of dying from sunstroke, bee stings, or being hit by a bicycle than this faux virus.

I presume this is the data you're referring to.

Look, from the outset what have all the major health organizations been saying to us - it is the vulnerable that will be the most at risk - healthy people never were, the whole point of all of the precautions was so that they wouldn't have to die. Yes, it is important to note that the vast majority of fatal COVID diagnoses had underlying conditions ahead of time but this was one of the first things that we knew. To suggest that they were going to die anyway is validation for removing their punishment for our negligence is disrespecting their memory

You keep using portmanteau terms like plandemic as if this is some New World Order stuff, that we're being decimated on purpose, that they want our businesses and livelihoods to fail - to what end? You're not alone in this, much like the anti-vaccination crowd, or the flat earth society, or countless other tragically popular scientifically damaging trends but the bottom line is that it can kill people, it does kill people and it will continue to do so unless we do something to stop it.

If you've been lucky enough to not have lost someone you thought you had substantial time to cherish with remaining then I'm happy for you, and you should be too. But this attitude is a direct affront to the exponentially bigger number of people than the "died with, but not of" COVID statistic. Keep believing what you want but don't spread this poison around, if nothing else for the people that are still hiding away from their loved ones because they don't want to die.

• This is a dangerous statement far too many people won't stop making. At risk of cliche, you're doing the apples and oranges thing. If the number is similar, that's irrelevant - flu season's comin' and going as per usual, as well as the people that die of covid. It's an AND, not an OR.

It's only dangerous because it's true. They are counting ALL flu and pneumonia deaths as covid deaths. If you had covid antibodies in you when you died from drowning, you were counted as a covid death. They HAD to count all those in order to make the numbers look like something they're not.

If covid was a thing, we'd still have normal flu and pneumonia deaths ON TOP of the covid deaths, so the numbers would be much much higher than they are now.

it is the vulnerable that will be the most at risk - healthy people never were, the whole point of all of the precautions was so that they wouldn't have to die.

Then why make those not susceptible wear a mask? If you're at risk, stay home or wear a mask. Don't force 99.999% of the rest of the world to do it.

And if masks actually worked, why did they have to let all those felons out of prison? Why not have them wear a mask and keep them there?

And if a virologist wears sealed plastic from head to toe while he's working on a virus, what makes anyone think putting a bandanna on their face will protect them? That's like saying it's ok for kids to pee in the pool because they have bathing suits on. Literally.

The covid virus = .1 to .4 micros in size. The opening on a cloth face cover is 200 to 400 microns depending on what you have. Even the box of ear loop masks that all businesses are making customers wear say right on the box they don't protect from covid...

Quote from 3M

THIS PRODUCT IS AN EAR LOOP MASK. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT A RESPIRATOR AND WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY PROTECTION AGAINST COVID-19 OR OTHER VIRUSES

can kill people, it does kill people and it will continue to do so unless we do something to stop it.

It killed less than 10,000 people in a country of around 350,000,000 people. That's 0.0003%. We've never done this for these kinds of numbers. Not even close.

You were told it was going to kill millions and be the worst pandemic ever by fear mongering politicians and the media. It's not. By a long shot. It's not even worse than the worst flu and we don't shut the world down over that.

There are already studies out showing the loss of human years from shutdowns will far, far exceed the loss of human years from covid if we would not have shut down.

If you've been lucky enough to not have lost someone you thought you had substantial time to cherish with remaining then I'm happy for you, and you should be too. But this attitude is a direct affront to the exponentially bigger number of people than the "died with, but not of" COVID statistic. Keep believing what you want but don't spread this poison around,

I personally know more people that have lost their jobs (14) and lost their businesses (3) from this shut down than people I personally know that ever had it(1), or even know anybody that has it(3). I also know one person that killed himself when he couldn't pay his debt when his company closed after the shutdown, so technically I know more people that died from the shutdown than people that died from covid.

if nothing else for the people that are still hiding away from their loved ones because they don't want to die.

I have no words....

• No need to apologize, I myself have some very strong opinions I would love to vent.

But irrespective of numbers, figures and statistics (accurate, false or correct), I got the impression this was going to be turning into a 'rant' thread.

Also Visitors reading this may just well be experiencing this first hand and with the deepest respect, this is why I mentioned it.

• Jag bor i Sverige och vi har fått mycket skit från omvärlden men vi har lyckats hålla samhället öppet men vi har påverkat väldigt negativt ändrat ändrat ändå på grund av att omvärlden stänger av och strängare restriktioner i restaurangbranschen och där människor har börjat tänka mer på vad som handlas .

Vårt företag inom metall -

bil-

bearbetningsindustrin var tvungen att avskeda 45 personer i sommar, totalt 45% av vår personliga. Nu har alla fått komma tillbaka och är på en månad i taget. Vi har sett en ökning och nu en minskning igen. Förhoppningsvis kommer företaget att reda ut det igen om hela världen inte stängs igen för då vet jag inte om vi kan klara oss ärligt.

MEN att säga att bara sjuka människor dör i COVID är ett skämt! Både min partner och jag har i vår familj sett fullt friska människor som är under 70 (riskgrupp), inga bakomliggande sjukdomar eller liknande som har blivit allvarligt sjuk med detta virus.

En person 68 år gammal, ingen diabetes, inget högt blodtryck, frisk, äldre person som äter hälsosamt, tränar och lever ett hälsosamt liv. 7 veckor på sjukhus, 5 veckor i andningsskydd.

Nu 4,5 månader sedan han kom hem från sjukhuset kan han fortfarande inte gå utan rullator, kan inte äta annat än yoghurt eller grädde utan att sätta i halsen. Lär sig att lära sig att tala ordentligt när vissa ord är borta och bara kan viska.

En man i 45-åren var på intensivvård, liksom en man med en hälsosam livsstil. Tre veckor på sjukhus flyr han från andningsskyddet men så tagen att han inte kan gå mer än 200 meter i fred innan han måste stanna och andas.

Dessa två personer var HELT friska utan några sjukdomar eller hamnade på något sätt i någon form av riskgrupp!

• In the May of this year, I graduated with my Associates in Robotics and couldn't find a job (which I'm going to blame on COVID). I ended up quitting my part time cashier job because my grandmother's cardiologist said that since I'm not the breadwinner and wanted to be able to see her, I should quit working. I didn't want to be too much of a burden on my boss so I quit; it was a fun but demanding job. He owned the restaurant and was an absolute perfectionist. The food was SPECTACULAR!

Last Thursday (first of November) I started an online IT class for my Bachelors so I'm not just sitting around.

I am texsquirreljr, son of TexSquirrel and MrsTexSquirrel.

Associates in Applied Sciences of Robotic Technologies is what it says on my degree.

Currently pursuing a Bachelors in IT.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<><

Advertising from our partners