Kuka Memory Location

• Hello community,

This is my first post, i looked all over the forums and still did not find what I am looking for, so i decided to create this thread. I wanted to see if anyone knows the location of variables that are created in Kuka, like where in the files. My goal is to have alarms for the robot and every time a alarm goes off the variable goes from 0 to 1 and is stored where i would be able to reach it inside the C,D drive files. The point of the information is to cross reference later and make a report to see the common issues that occur and be able to fix. I would make a report using Ignition web based server if anyone knows of the server.

Thank you for any information you may have for me.:smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face:

Edited 2 times, last by samad35: Edit: The kuka robot is a KRC4, software version 8.3.34 ().

• Please read "read first" your missing information in your post.

Also that is not going to be that easy. so far as my knowledge goes there is no data saved to the drives. It all stays in the RAM memory.

There are options for writing files but i have no experience with that.

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• your almost there, you mention KR4 which isn't a thing so you would mean the KRC4 controller with possible a KR... robot running which software version? this all cleary in the "read first" topic that all this information is necessary. especially with specific questions like this.

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• Any variable DECL'd in a .DAT file, with an initial value, will have its current value saved to the .DAT file on the hard drive. However, there are some caveats: the files are only saved to the hard drive periodically, every 5-10min IIRC. The save event can be triggered if an Archive is performed -- in this way, all the variable states in the Archive reflect their actual states at the time the Archive was made.

If you're interested in something more like writing a log file, then you need to look into the KRL_Fxxx functions. They're documented in the CWRITE manual, and there's been discussion in the forum archives.

Advertising from our partners