Fast/easy way to "duplicate" existing robot system into new one?

• Hi!

Recently I programmed and commissioned an IRB-660 (RW6.10).

Now we have a follow-up project that includes two IRB-460s and five IRB-660s. All of these seven new robots have the exact same options as the first 660, and are brand new from factory.

All of the new robots should have the exact same I/O-config both regarding the interface and the mapping and naming of the signals.

The only difference (other than the obvious one that it is two instances of a smaller robot) will be in the program code and of course the finalized fine-tuning of the positions and work objects.

How shall I do to "duplicate" all the configuration and program code from the recently commissioned 660 in to these seven new robots? In what order do I load the various .cfg-files and the rapid modules without running in to system failure states and other issues?

I've tried to build a new system in RS from a backup of the "old" robot, but keep getting various errors regarding the system inputs/outputs (even though they do exist in the I/O-config!).

I want to do as little manual labor in commissioning these seven robots as possible!

• Shouldn't be a need for any particular order and you should be able to load all cfg files except MOC.

loading the modules might create an reference error at first until you have them all loaded but just hit the "yeah, yeah, whatever..." / "OK
    button and keep loading.

Advertising from our partners