Sample program

• Hello,

I am in the possession of a Kuka KR 30 KC 2 with a KSS 5.6.5, Year of build 2009.

And I am a complete novice in programming a Kuka

I am looking for a sample program written in KRL to determine how to build a program in KRL.

The program should do a sort of contour milling, where the tool is under an angel of 45 degrees or less.

I searched the internet for such a program, with no avail. There isn't much to find to learn to program in KRL

Many thanks in advance for who can help me out.

Henk, Netherlands

• > "I am in the possession of a Kuka KR 30 KC 2"

that is no reason to start conversation in downloads section.

please make sure to post in correct forum section.

> "And I am a complete novice in programming a Kuka"

does that mean you have programming experience on other platforms?

do you understand life and scope of variables, strucures, passing parameters by value and by reference etc?

> "I am looking for a sample program written in KRL to determine how to build a program in KRL."

forum is full of sample programs of every kind.

> "The program should do a sort of contour milling,"

> "where the tool is under an angel of 45 degrees or less."

> "I searched the internet for such a program, with no avail."

of course not, you are looking for a very specific example.

try broadening yours earch then adapt what you find to your needs (45deg or whatever).

you need to learn to walk before you can run or ride unicycle while playing bag pipe

there are no shortcuts.

> "There isn't much to find to learn to program in KRL"

that is just not true. opportunities to learn are all around, one just need to be more atentive.

that includes where to post, how to ask for help, getting documentation, learning basics

such as mesuring tool and base, programming motions using inline form instructions and

moving up step by step. if you want immediate results there is an option:

get professional to do it for you.

check pinned topic READ FIRST and download section (you were already there but did not see manuals)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• It also helps to be specific on what it stopping you from writing KRL. In the expert programming manual there are a lot of examples of how a basic program is structured. So start there.

But i am in a good mood so i added one of my basic milling programs.

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• Panic Mode,

Sorry about posting in the wrong section.

For now I take your option in consideration, "get professional to do it for you"

I will try to find some one.

Is there somebody at this forum, willing to do it.

Henk

Leon,

Many thanks, for your milling program.

It will be helpfull.

Bedankt.

Henk

• O that is close, i am from dongen (originally geertruidenberg :winking_face_with_tongue:)

I am willing to help, but i dont have the time to get onsite and do programming

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• Leon, Thanks.

I am living in Hank.

I bought that robot to keep me of the streets (77). That robot is a Kuka KR 30 KC2 build 2009. But I learned a hard lesson programming is much harder than I could imaging.

There is not much to find on the internet to learn KRL. No PDF with samples and my English isn’t that well that I could understand everything what is in the Expert programming.

Henk

• Well this will definitely keep you of the streets, because the most important thing you need is time.

My advice is start simple cut a square or round hole or something like that. and build up from there. the sample program i gave is for cutting a square box down to the right size, so this can give you a head start.

By the way, what do you want to mill? and for what purpose?

• Leon,

Do you know somebody in the neighborhood who is willing to test my robot.

This with a program build in KRL.

Otherwise I have to go to KUKA Belgium, to ask if they are willing to bring this robot to her originally state.

It's also possible to mail me.

Many thanks in advance.

Henk.

• I am sorry i don't. Whenever i get stuck somewhere i use this forum or go to kuka belgium myself. That can be a bit expensive but in my case it cost more money to have a not working robot.

But if your robot is functional there is no need to get kuka involved (yet). Although i will always recommend proper kuka training i can understand that if you want to use this robot as a hobby more than a actual job that training might be a bit expensive.

The basics you need to learn/do:

• Some sort of safety system connected (emergency button and safety gates).
    • Robot mastered and correct mada selected (if your controller and robot havent been mixed then you should be fine.)
    • A spindle mounted (with or whithout a toolchanger)
    • To be able to teach a base and tool.
    • make a simple program using the kuka inline forms

When you can do or have done the steps above you can start thinking about programming krl directly

• Leon,

Thanks for answering.

Al these steps I have done, I have no problems.

The problem I focused yet is if I change a tool from vertical to a 30° I run in the next error.

e5 software end stop reached.

Tryed everything to avoid that error, but didn't succeed.

• Leon,

Sorry for the big image.

Must be smaller one.

I wrote this piece of code and that works for the big part.

Henk

• i see that you were trying to change base. not sure why change base if wanted change is related to tool....

well, if you need to change tool, then.... change tool... either physically different tool or alter tool data for exising tool so robot would reposition or reorient it..

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• You say you're getting an error relating to the A5 limit? What is the actual, complete message? What angle is A5 at when this error occurs? What is the setting for $SOFTP_END[5] and $SOFTN_END[5]? Does the error occur on a PTP motion or a LIN motion? At what line of the program?

And what is that at Line 164? That's not a valid KRL command or subroutine call.

• If he changes the orientation (A,B or C) of the base for 30° (what definitely is not correct) it may result in exceeding axis limits. Depends on the origin coordinates of the base.

My problem now is. To change the tool from vertical into 30° end the next time into 45° and back to Vertikal at last.

This information ist not very helpful.

You should provide informations about the physical effect You wanna have. Describe the resulting part/contour, make a sketch or similar.

The program I send there are a few minor faults in it.

Of course You always shoud provide the actual, real code. And of course with all relevant data, like tools, bases, variables.

Advertising from our partners