Cognex DataMan Profinet fieldbus issue

• Hi,

I have quite unique issue with my qr code scanner from Cognex (DM262X). I've established Profinet connection between KRC4 and Cognex reader (proper IP, device name, i/o mapping) and I am able to exchange the data between those two devices - triggering, reading values etc. But the problem is that KUKA gives me following warning msg: "Device dataman, slot 0, subslot 1, sends invalid input data". Which is quite strange, because I am able to communicate with it and the readings are correct. Maybe there can be an issue with byte ordering, because cognex uses siemens standard. Can it be, that in some handshake data protocol between devices the order is also swapped?

I have tested it on two different robots, exactly same results:

1. KRC4 KSS8.6.4, Profinet KRC-Nexxt V3.3.1.8, Profinet MS v5.0.1,

2. KRC4 KSS8.3.38, Profinet KRC-Nexxt V3.3.1.8

Does anyone faced problem like this? Any idea what should I try next?

• so how does the config in WoV look like? any chance that slot is populated with different type or size element?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• well, this is too lean to offer further help. please consider ideas in pinned topic READ FIRST.

for example share the problem details like exact message (with message number, screenshot would be nice), link to a specific GSDML file used, link to a manual, WoV project etc.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• on a first glance everything looks normal. but at least the message is just an annoyance, it does not affect program execution.

3) read 1 and 2

• on a first glance everything looks normal. but at least the message is just an annoyance, it does not affect program execution.

Yes, but only in T1 and T2 mode. In AUT/EXT the mode is blocked and you cannot execute the program.

• I've contacted the KUKA and Cognex for this issue. There was R&D from both teams involved in it and when they could not resolve the problem, I've skipped this idea and we implemented different solution (cognex via ethernet reading the code, and then sending the data to the KUKA controller via client-server communication).

Advertising from our partners