Perform action after Emergency Stop in KRC4

• Hello everyone,

I am working on a project with a robot and no PLC, so the robot will be functioning in AUT mode and the controller handling all the safety and inputs/outputs.

The question I have is how to perform an action after an emergency stop (internal or external). I want the controller to restart the program or make it jump to a known state so that I can restart the motion safely instead of it continue moving immediately after the e-stop is acknowledged. I've read this can be done when using a PLC by using the CWRITE command to the CELL program, but that didn't work for me (I may have done it wrong).

Additionally, I would also like for a program to be selected on startup so that an operator doesn't need to interact with the SmartPad for anything, any suggestions for this?

Thank you!

• if you are using AUT mode, operator will HAVE TO interact with smartPad. for example there is no other way to power up drives but to manually powere them up using smartPad. the ONLY mode where interaction with smartPad is not needed is EXT mode.

CWRITE is command you want.... just check CWRITE manual. it covers all you ask. this instruction runs on KRC so you don't need PLC. just be careful and make sure your creation is safe and motions are colision free. using EXT mode makes it possible to automate everything (with or without PLC - if needed Submit can do a job of PLC). but this will require at least few I/O looped back so that your "PLC" can power up drives, clear messages, and issue start command.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• the ONLY mode where interaction with smartPad is not needed is EXT mode.

Hi panic mode,

I am working at the same situation, but with ext AUT, PLC confirm errors after ESTOP, robot doesnt have any messages, but drives doesnt start, signal PERI_RDY doesnt set up to 1. I have to go in T1 mode, push the enabling switch, than go back in EXT.

Is there any special sequence of signals, that PLC need to send, or any options that i have to change on controller?

ROBOT KR10 R1100-2, KRC4 compact, KSS 8.6.6

Edited once, last by PITUPITU ().

Advertising from our partners