Roboguide HandlingPRO - proximity sensor, collision detection

• Hello experts!

I'm trying to make a 1:1 workcell of a real robot environment, and at this time i'm very close to achieving that. All the inputs/outputs from the PLC is mapped over the External I/O Connection via OPC server and it works.

I'm having some issues with detection of objects, and i hope that you can help. I've uploaded a picture of the tool, and i wish to put a proximity sensor or something similar on the bottom frame around the tool, so that i can detect when there is something inside the frame. At this moment, i am very frustrated because it doesn't seem like you can add a basic sensor into the program??? Or at least just with iRPickPRO. Right now i am going with the collision detection opportunity, because i cannot figure out what else to do. So there will be made a pipe accross the frame, so that i can use collision detection.

The tool is divided in two parts, so that the first part of the tool (attached to the robot), is the vacuum part of the tool, and the other part (called skirt and is surrounding the first part) is the searching and adjustment part of the tool. I can steer the skirt up and down with an extended axis.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

daffyhunden

• I am not sure about it . But you can use space check function. Refer this youtube video. Maybe helpful.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Advertising from our partners