KRC4 -Robotic cell safety

• Hi to everyone,

We are working with two KUKA Robots (system software 8.3 version, KRC4 standart, Profinet 3.3 version) including the SafeOperation package 3.4 version.

At the door of the cell, we have installed a safety switch that is connected in parallel with the safety circuit of the cell (including both robots as well).

Thus, when the door is open we are in an emergency state and nothing can work/move.

The target would be to be able to jog the robot (in T1,T2 mode) when the cell door is open and all the devices in emergency state.

In addition, when the external emergancy pins are used on X11 the robot is in emergency stop as well and if we use the operator safety pins the robot does work in T1 but does not stop with the e-stop buttons around the cell.

Thus we would like to use as input to the safety plc the operation mode of the robot (T1, T2, AUTO, EXTERNAL)

Is there a safety certified way that we could achieve that?

Thanks!

• Of course there is a way. Don't put everything on one circuit. Connect estop buttons to estop channels of x11. Connect operator safety to operator safety of x11. Since you have two robots in a same cell, they too need to be interlocked so in t1 only one robot can move etc.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I don't think most of those signals are available through X11 or X13. But if you have SafeOp and ProfiNet, and if your PLC can run Safe I/O, you should be able to use ProfiSafe. This would make a much larger number of safety-rated signals available, including T1/T2/Auto.

This is all detailed in the SafeOp manual.

Advertising from our partners