SSD in Kuka KRC2 Robot

• Its been a while that HDD was replaced by SSD on KRC2 as well. Connections are same regardless of different inner workings. Contact KUKA for quote and provide system info.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Its been a while that HDD was replaced by SSD on KRC2 as well. Connections are same regardless of different inner workings. Contact KUKA for quote and provide system info.

Okay, I contacted kuka, they provide the SSD but they do not provide the adapter for normal HD to SSD, my intention was to exchange the normal HD I have in the one robot for an SSD, have you ever done something like that? Because even the kuka didn't know how to inform me about it.

• SSD and HDD have same interfaces. both can have either PATA or SATA.

older KPCS used PATA and SSD for KRC2 also have PATA.

SSD for KRC4 have SATA.

sounds as if you are trying to connect SSD with SATA to a KPC with PATA interface.

such adapters do exist and are easily found in any computer store.

HDD/SSD need to be recognised by the BIOS or it will not boot so if you are doing some DIY, you will need to try and see what works and how.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Yes, I have a Robot HD with an IDE interface and I want to adapt it to SATA.

• Panic mode or Skyefire, i have to use a converter for this, right? If I pass the image from normal HD to SDD I will need to reconfigure the bios, but I never did anything like that, could you two who are very experienced in relation to kuka robots can help me?

• I don't think any BIOS changes should be needed, as long as the converter still makes the new SSD appear as Drive C to the motherboard. In this respect, a KRC is no different from a regular PC.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.c…ted-with-ide-motherboard/

One thing to keep in mind is that PATA/IDE isn't as "smart" as SATA, so you'll probably have to ensure you set the Master/Slave jumpers on the IDE/SATA converter correctly.

• I don't think any BIOS changes should be needed, as long as the converter still makes the new SSD appear as Drive C to the motherboard. In this respect, a KRC is no different from a regular PC.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.c…ted-with-ide-motherboard/

One thing to keep in mind is that PATA/IDE isn't as "smart" as SATA, so you'll probably have to ensure you set the Master/Slave jumpers on the IDE/SATA converter correctly.

Thanks SkyeFire, you are best.

Advertising from our partners