You'd be surprised to hear, this thread is not a request for the application, but a I request if anyone has some clear settings and instructions for a dummy.
I have read many threads for this, but I'm somewhat confused as I am reading many different configurations and suggestions.
In short, I have the following situation:
1. R-J2 Controller.
2. Laptop with windows XP (not a VM).
3. Laptop with windows XP as a VM
USB to RS232 serial adapter.
I have been doing some reading regarding the serial cable requirement (which I intend to create my own) and could do with some clarification on this, as I have seen several versions of the pinout.
- Which pinout is the correct pinout to be used and does anyone know what the other pinout is used for.
- Which port should I be using on the Controller - External or Internal.
- What do I need to set/initialize the port to on the Controller.
- Do I need to set a specific device in the file menu in order to upload/download between laptop and controller.
- Has anyone had successes/failures using USB to serial adapters - if successes, are there any additional settings required for USB to serial in place of standard hardware serial port settings.
As always, it would be very appreciated if anyone could offer some advice for this.
** please do not link to other threads, I have spent many hours going over them already, this is why I have confusing information **