Making a program with uninitialized positions

• Hi!

I want to make a program with uninitialized positions. The idea is that I program the whole structure and the motion commands, but that the operator will be forced to touch up the positions during the first run. Is this possible? I found program like this:

It looks like this would be what I am looking for, but I get errors when I try to modify and compile it.

How can I make a program like that myself?

Thanks in advance!

/RoboticsMan

• Hello again

I think I found the answer myself. I make the TP program, save it as an LS file, delete everything in the "/POS" section and compile it back to a TP file. Then the position will be uninitialized, and the operator will be forced to touch up the positions.

/RoboticsMan

• There is also one more method:

Create the original program, select all the motion commands, create a new program and then paste the selected motion commands with the option POS ID. The system will not be able to copy the motion commands with the orginal POSITION IDs from one program to another, instead it pastes them as uninitialized positions. This effectively cancels the need to use a PC.

But please elaborate me on this:

how can this be of use? making a program with uninitialised data means the operator must re-make the whole program.

• But please elaborate me on this:

how can this be of use? making a program with uninitialised data means the operator must re-make the whole program.

The robot program is used for a vision system. There is A LOT of KAREL code that is being run. We have made a template program that calls the relevant code. Some of the movements are controlled by the vision system. In between the sections where the vision system is in control, some movements are needed. These will differ from cell to cell. When the program arrives at the uninitialized point, the operator can jog the robot to the relevant position, touch up the point, and continue.

/RoboticsMan

Advertising from our partners