extracting a digital output from KUKA KR C2

• Hello,

hope you are fine!
    I just want to ask a technical question, We have kuka kr c2 robot and we need to attach an extruder for 3d printing. we only need to take a digital output port from the robot (with no need for analog). what interface should I use to connect the mfc3 card installed in the robot control panel (×801 ) and the relay to control the extruder?
    ps: the robot windows is xp
    thank you,

• Guessing that you don't have any I/O installed? and no other communication cards in the PC, then basically your only option is Devicenet. so you need a devicenet I/O module. Look this up on the forum. You are not the first to ask this question.

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• The X801 port on the MFC is for DeviceNet. The KRC MFC card DN port can only act as a DN Master. There are a wide variety of DN Slave I/O modules of various types on the market. As long as it is a simple polled-I/O module, it should present no issues communicating with the KRC.

"Fancy" DN modules, that require remote configuration, or explicit messaging, will probably be hard or impossible to connect.

• The X801 port on the MFC is for DeviceNet. The KRC MFC card DN port can only act as a DN Master. There are a wide variety of DN Slave I/O modules of various types on the market. As long as it is a simple polled-I/O module, it should present no issues communicating with the KRC.

"Fancy" DN modules, that require remote configuration, or explicit messaging, will probably be hard or impossible to connect.

I am willing to use Delta RTU-Dnet with dvp 16SP module (having 6 di and 6 DO), do you think this will work?

• How many I/O do you need? What type -- digital? Analog? Dry contact?

I've always had good luck with Turck Block I/O modules -- they have a wide variety, covering all FieldBus types, but their web site has good tools for setting your requirements and seeing a list of compatible products.

The Block I/O modules are usually nice, simple, and have few complicating features.

Advertising from our partners