Handling Pro - Connect a external device to simulate movement (animate) in the virtual cell

• Hi,

I want to animate the machine inside the workcell (virtual) with a external Allen-bradley PLC (L30ERM). I turn arround the "Externel device" in the cell browser and I look also in the machine property (motion tab). And I don't know how to make it work. I think I must use OPC server, I don't know if I must choose Modbus or "anonymous"....

I want to change the value in a tag in the PLC and this will activate a move into the virtual cell. (I know how to make some move using the DO[...] of the robot)

Can some one help me.

Thanks

• yes, but the tutorial is for a CNC... and not for a PLC. The help talk about tagname for PLC, but I can't write it into the config form (ex :tagname = "ABC"). And of course, the CNC example is not about "tagname".

More idea?

• Hi malain.

KepserverEX from kepware.com can create your connection between Roboguide and your PLC. Create a channel in the KepserverEX (you can choose Allen Bradley as driver) and then you should add it in "External Devices" in Roboguide as Anonymous.

After that you should map it in the right direction (Input/input & Output/output) in "External I/O Connection"

I have a physical Siemens S7-1200 PLC connected to Roboguide via KepserverEX and it works.

daffyhunden

Advertising from our partners