pairing xrc controller with sv3 robot arm

• Hi all ! I ve just bought a xrc mini controller for my sv3 arm , but they dont really match on the serials . The controller belongs to the same type of arm , sv3 . I wanna try to put them work together . I do have all the cables and genuine plugs . What I will must be aware for ?

P.S. All battery from my arm are ok by voltage , but that inside the controller has 0 voltage . I know , maybe my eprom is empty but must be a way to restored !?

Thank s!

• As long as the controller is for a SV3 you should be OK with the serial # not matching.

The controller will need initialized. That requires a high level password. You will need to contact Motoman to have a technician come out and rebuild the controller CMOS. If you have a CMOS.BIN file tech support can sent you instructions on how to load it. All the menus will be in Japanese when you power it up.

• Hi and thanks for the answer ! Well I do make a test with them together . He ask me : ''check position R1 ! '' If I press start button : '' set to home position ! '' . Nothing moves even with the servo on ! On the pendant display all the origin and the current position are zeroes ! I am in '' play '' position from the controller button . I do not have that bin file . Is it possible to ask them to send me ? Can this bin be copied from another functional controller ?

Best regards

Sorin

• UPDATE : I spoke with a serviceman from Yaskawa .He teach me how to enter in maintenance mode and how to initialized the controller . In the meantime I ve changed the battery controller to find out I made a mistake . The battery was good . But nothing happening wrong either good . Can somebody halp me with a service manual or user manual ?! Thank s.

• For User manuals, contact Yaskawa. The controller is old enough that they are not available from the website.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• UPDATE : I spoke with a serviceman from Yaskawa .He teach me how to enter in maintenance mode and how to initialized the controller . In the meantime I ve changed the battery controller to find out I made a mistake . The battery was good . But nothing happening wrong either good . Can somebody halp me with a service manual or user manual ?! Thank s.

• Update : My arm really works , except R axis thus I have 1314 error . In the book say problems with the servomotor or encoder or servodrive or wiring . The bottom servo make a bit noise so I grease him tomorrow .

• Update : All axis works fine now ( wiring issues on plugs connectors ! ) . Only S axis make a noise when spinning but not from the motor ! Is something related with gears (mechanical ) even I psuh some grease in to the nipple .

Did somebody knows a light gripping device can be fitted on the arm ?! Or it a must to build my self ?

Advertising from our partners