SRVO-062 BZAL alarm on one Axis

• Working on a robot set up by another guy so I don't know all the details but I am getting the BZAL alarm on Group 1 Axis 3. When it was first set up a couple weeks ago I am told they replaced the 4 1.5 V batteries in the base and I just replaced the 3V battery in the controller this morning because no one was certain if that had been done last time. I went into the mcr variable and changed spc-reset to true and then cycled power just like the maintenance manual says but the error persists.

From what I have read the fact that it is only on one axis and all batteries are accounted for means that i need to replace the cable running to axis 3 and then remaster. If at all possible I would rather not but if that's it then that's it.

When the other guy first set up the robot he got the error but was apparently able to clear it and we used it for about two weeks until this morning. I find it strange that he could clear it only to have it return now. Maybe the cable was borderline before and now it's totally shot?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

• We have a robot that has axis 6 issues already so we can cannibalize off that if needed. A more senior robot tech will be here later today so I'll get his opinion on the matter before i start swapping stuff around.

If I do replace the motor does it matter that the robot isn't in zero position? The last operator had it end in a really weird position unfortunately and with the BZAL alarm still going I can't move any of the other axes.

• Try to swap the cables of the encoders of the axis n°3 and axis n°4 and reset pulsecoder alarm, if the error moves to axis n°4, then check the encoder,
    if not, check the cabling.

P. D.:Also check loose pins on rp1

• I've never been able to clear a SRVO-062 using this method either. You may want to try and go to MENU>SYSTEM>MASTER_CAL and hit F3 for RES_PCA and then F4 for yes. You will need to cycle power afterwards but I assume you've already lost your mastering for this axis anyways so it shouldn't matter at this point. Then you will at least be able to jog the robot as needed. Sometimes the MASTER_CAL option won't be available (should be option 3 under variables) if it isn't then open up your variables and set $MASTER_ENB to a 1 then cycle power and it'll show up.

Do you have any other alarms active in your alarm log? Maybe a SRVO-068 DTERR? Swapping the cables as Lynx suggested is a good idea although now you will be mastering two axis instead of just one. I'd try to swap the encoder cap off of your spare robot to A3 and see if it'll clear up. If not i'd say your cable is bad.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• Sometimes the MASTER_CAL option won't be available (should be option 3 under variables) if it isn't then open up your variables and set $MASTER_ENB to a 1 then cycle power and it'll show up.

A power cycle is not necessary after setting $MASTER_ENB to 1, it takes effect immediately.

• A power cycle is not necessary after setting $MASTER_ENB to 1, it takes effect immediately.

I do have one R30iA controller that will not display the master cal option until after a power cycle. I did think it was odd because i've never had to do it before on any of our other robots.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• You can also replace just the encoder, but if you go that route you have to be careful with the re-installation.

I agree, I think the motor is likely ok since the BZAL error is an encoder issue. Save that motor!

Advertising from our partners