RobotWare license fee

• Hi everyone! Curious is there an initial license fee when upgrading RobotWare from 5.60 to 6.08, and is there an ongoing yearly license fee required for RobotWare and for being able to use the robot arm (without RobotStudio) year over year? Thanks!

• It's up to the local office to decide, but there's usually a fee to generate a new key from the mother-ship then it all depends.

May I ask why you're thinking about "upgrading" ?

Unless there's a new feature in RW6 that's not in RW5.6 then there's not much of a point.

• It's up to the local office to decide, but there's usually a fee to generate a new key from the mother-ship then it all depends.

May I ask why you're thinking about "upgrading" ?

Unless there's a new feature in RW6 that's not in RW5.6 then there's not much of a point.

Thanks a lot for your advice SAABoholic! I was thinking about trying out Robot Web Services (for communication with Linux machine) which I believe is first available in RW6, although I am not sure if I should just get a Windows machine and stick with PC SDK instead .. :smiling_face:

• upgrading only if you need, not when you want... be so sometimes you need to get additional license when you upgrade to newer robotware.... best is check with your local support on this. Of course as Lemster68 mentioned to you need to have the hardware too... maybe dsqc1000. Dsqc639 max is RW5.6. Of course you can upgrade your computer unit if you really need the function....

Advertising from our partners