Best way to move z minus on vision guided system

• so have a program working for a vision guided system and slowly making tweaks as i go along. was originally using imov's to move into positions but when we had someone in from motoman he suggested using sfton and a movl which i have done for the inital X,Y and angle which seems to have helped with speed and also reduced if not completely removed any excessive segment alarms we was getting. he said he wouldn't use imov's at all as he doesn't like them, at the minute i am still using imov to move Z minus and then Z positive. Trying to get rid of them and replace them with a movl that moves a set distance on the Z minus and positive but can't get it working. tried using sfton again and position variable to move but that just didn't work at all. then tried a getpos and set that to a position variable then convert to robot frame then set element 3 to -67000 to come down 67mm but the robot moved a couple of mm down and thats all.

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way for me to move down from the camera position that has been given and also then move up a set distance after the robot has gripped the part.

Hopefully this makes sense as looking at the same thing over and over and getting nowhere has started to frazzle my brain a bit

• so after many hours today i managed to get it working. doubtful its the correct way to do it but thought i would post how i managed to do it in case anyone in the distant future finds this post hoping for some help.

Here is my solution right or wrong but it works

GETS PX001 $PX000

CNVRT PX001 PX001 RF

GETE D080 P001 (3)

SET D080 EXPRESS D080 + -67000

SETE P001 (3) D080

MOVL P001 VMAX=100 PL=0

DOUT OT#(42) ON

TIMER T=0.200

GETS PX002 $PX000

CNVRT PX002 PX002 RF

GETE D081 P002 (3)