R-J3 backup issue

• Hello everyone, I'm having an issue backing up/saving files.

I've done "all of above" backups and "printed" .ls files to compact flash cards using a PCMCIA adapter many times. But now I'm receiving a FILE-014 "File not found" error any time I try do a backup or print to the MC. Has anyone encountered this before?

From the manual: "check that the file exists and that the file name was spelled correctly"

Controller: R-J3iB Mate

Software: LR Arc Tool version 6.3

Also thanks to everyone on this forum, 1st post but I've been a long time lurker and learned everything I know about Fanuc here.

• Try reformatting the CF card in the robot.

Try another CF card - I've had them go bad and give issues like this.

Make sure you are using a smaller size CF. I have 32MB CF cards that I use for AoA, ASCII (print) and MD backups. Less than 512MB should be fine though.

Check the pins in the CF slot in the to make sure one isn't bent over or pushed in.

• I found my problem! Someone made a directory for a previous MC and I didn't realize. It was displaying like this at the top of the FILE screen: MC:\[dir name]\*.*

I had to select "1 .. <DIR> <Up one level>". Once this was done the FILE screen displayed MC:\*.* and I was able to backup and print .ls files again.

Thanks for the replies.

Advertising from our partners