ZB150 S Controller X-Line1 Connector Safety Signals Wiring Diagram

• Hello Forum,

I have a ZB150 robot with a S52-A311 controller.

The motor power light is not coming on. Before learning about the safety signals of the X-Line1 connector in other threads, I removed the CPU board to inspect it, and once I was there clean it using compress CO2. Since I removed the battery, the pendant got stock on the Kawasaki logo. I was able to load a backup that I had previously saved in the PC Card once I received the robot. I was able to get the pendant back on using the controller initialization based on this thread Link After I got it back to boot, I got an error "data applicable to the robot model not in servo data file"

I believe I should start by first making sure the safety signals are properly connected in order to get motor power.

Do any of you have the schematics for the connections of the X-Line1 connector of an S controller?

I would provide a copy of the backup, but for some reason I can only see the file in the teach pendant reading from the PC Card. If I connect the PC Card to an old pc that has a PC Card slot I am not able to see the file. Same thing if I try to use a PC Card to USB adapter in my laptop.

Can someone please help me, I've trying to get this robot operational for months.

Regards,

Jose. P

• Welcome to the forum...…………..:beerchug:

And a nicely presented thread too, helps very much with the information you have provided.....:top:

For reference, I've posted some S Controller Manuals here goto Kawasaki S Controller Manuals

Ok, so by carrying out the initialisation procedure and loading in a previous backup, this would usually restore the robot to the last backup condition.

However, you've mentioned the error of '"data applicable to the robot model not in servo data file", until this error is removed, robot operation will not be possible.

I suspect the data you loaded, may not be what you thought it was, we could really do with seeing this data.

What file are you seeing on the teach pendant?

Are you sure you cannot read this backup in a PC?

Can you go online using KCWin and obtain a current file save?

The batteries are good condition too, I recommend these are replaced (arm encoder batteries in base of robot and cpu battery).

Just so you can understand the error:

During the Controller bootup sequence, what you 'don't see' is that the robot model setting invokes the SV firmware to load up the required servo parameters for that model.

So in theory, the previous backup should have included the correct model no. for the internal SV to recognise and therefore load.

This is where the problem I think could be:

1. Either the Robot Model setting from the backup is not correct to the internal SV firmware - A simple model change should resolve it.

2. The internal SV firmware may require reinstalling - This may require contacting KHI for the correct AS and SV firmware versions.

When the controller has booted up, ignore the error and navigate to Aux Menu's.

Locate No 8. System and Software Version 0804 or I think in S Controller it is R90.

- Here will be the current robot model setting.

- Confirm this no. matches with the exact model no. on the Robot Arm rating plate.

- I suspect, this model no. may be incorrect.

- To change it, either use the built in keyboard, or if you know how to use KCWin and go online and type in:

ZROBOT and press enter.

This will then allow you to enter the specific Arm information.

Proceed through each section and enter the correct details from the Robot Arm rating plate.

When complete, reboot the controller and see if the error clears.

If it does not clear, then you could also try alternative robot model revisions listed in ZROBOT section to try and clear it.

If still this fails, then you may need to obtain replacement SV firmware.

I have attached X-Line1 Schematic, so you can configure the safety signals.

- Remember here, Emergency Stop and Safety Fence circuits are dual channel and should not be mixed up.

Advertising from our partners