Epson 6 Axis - Creating a geared/synchronous motion

• Hey gang - working on an application and would like to double check myself before I commit to something that can't be done.

What I'm looking to do (with an Epson 6 Axis) is essentially a 'geared' or 'synchronous' move: I want to do a 'Move' Command in World X (or Y, or a straight line in whatever frame/coordinate system) while simultaneously rotating J6 at a matched rate. Think rolling a wheel along something, but having to have J6 Spin the wheel.

I'm relatively new to Epson - I can do all the standard/typical integration and application stuff, but haven't dug in on this one yet.

Any help you can offer is appreciated - Thanks!

• This seems possible depending on how you set up the tool and the speed of the tool rotation when moving between points. To my knowledge, there isn't a specific instruction for what you are trying to achieve.

If I were trying to develop this then I would try to make adjustments to the ROT parameter and see how the manipulator responds. Also, I know how difficult it is to get good answers from Epson but you could reach out to them and see if they have a good solution.

Advertising from our partners