Image copy details

• HI

Let' say you have 10 robots that are going to be doing the same operation. They have the same configuration

So, I do one of them, with line tracking, vision, etc, etc..

I like to copy all this info to the rest of them ( it will required touch up, obviously)

Normally what I do is load the TP, progrs, the IO, etc, etc but takes some time

I would love to do and image backup from robot 1 and just dump it on the other one. The problem doing that is that I'm going to destroy system information the belongs to the other robot.

What is the problem if I follow the next procedure

On robot 1 do an image backup (Robot 1 is at zero position)

Jog Robot 1 is at zero position

On robot 2 do All of the above

Do an image restore on robot 2 from robot 1. This is where you destroy Robot 2

Load on robot 2 SUMMARY which will rebuild robot 2.

Can I do this, do I have to load any other file. ?

Retired but still helping

• Are you referring to summary.dg? I don't believe that this file is loadable.

The most important file that you want to restore from robot 2 would be sysmast.sv, which contains the mastering data and torque offsets that are use for payload identification.

You will also need to get a LAC code from Fanuc, which should be free from them. I've done this several times at a factory that has 110 identical LR Mates.

• You will also need to get a LAC code from Fanuc, which should be free from them. I've done this several times at a factory that has 110 identical LR Mates.

This is useful information because I have a similar situation where I want to have a duplicate robot without putting in the work of manually loading the TP programs, IO configuration file, payloads, systems settings. I have already had to load the sysmast.sv file before but I haven't done anything with a LAC code.

Also, the cells I am building are duplicates but they aren't all built at the same time. I might build 1 this year, 2 next year, and 4 the year after that. From what I have read so far about FANUC, they do a really good job of making sure everything is forward compatible so that shouldn't be a problem.

Can you provide some additional information about the LAC code?

• LAC = License Authorization Code

It's like a PAC for software options, but it covers the whole robot. If you don't get it, a warning will be posted, but that's it.

You can get one from Fanuc by providing the same information as when you purchase a PAC. I have not had to pay for it in the past; not very Fanucish.

-Phil

• So in theory,

step1: Create image backup of robot A,

step2: Backup all of the above or robot B,

step3: Load image backup of robot A to robot B,

step4: replace sysmast.sv file containing the correct mastering data of Robot B overwriting the sysmast.sv of robot A that was copied from the image.

step5: Enjoy?

Advertising from our partners