KUKA KRC4

• Hello guys,

I am new to this forum and I have searched alot about my situation but I did not find any suitable result, answer or some information on manual about it.

So the situation is like that:

I want to activate my gripping pad with the help of kuka KRC4. These pads are activated through a digital signal and as of I know this signal is generated via X12 connector. My KUKA KRC4 is orange one and it has X51, X13 connectors and I did not find any X12 connector. X11 is already attached as safetyOp. I want to to know how can I activate my gripping pad in this situation. In my KUKA KRC4 manual I found information regarding only X11 connector.

Any kind of help will be appreciated . Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shahzaib

• to interact with outside world via signals, your controller needs I/O (inputs and outputs). Robot systems normally do not come with any I/O, this is added by users. Kuka can also install some if at the time of ordering type and number of I/O was specified - check Optional interfaces manual for your version of controller.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi,

I have looked at the KUKA KRC4 orange and we have beckhoff EL1809 and EL2809.

How can I send a singal to beckhoff from KUKA KRL? I don't know if my question make sense.

• Open workvisual project and check if and how those I/O are mapped. If they ate mapped you can use them. You can manually toggle outputs in T1 mode...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• As Panic already said: find the I/O modules in the WorkVisual project, determine which $INs and $OUTs they have been mapped to.

You'll also need to determine where your I/O modules are being powered from, and what type the outputs are. Are they dry-contact relay style, or will they source 24V to the valve? How much current can they pass or source, vs how much draw the valve requires? Are the I/O modules wired to draw power from the KRC's internal supply, or to take power from an external source?

• if this is a new robot system, chances are the I/O are just installed mechanically and electrically but they are not mapped (unless someone at KUKA was kind and decided to give you a hand). in some cases they are not even connected electrically and first thing you need to do is add jumpers to bus coupler module to power not just coupler but also the I/O slices to the right of it...

so you HAVE TO get WoV installed and configured and open active project from robot....

Without this you would have very long trial and error experiment trying to find which of 8192 outputs that robot can use are those 16 installed in your cabinet.

3) read 1 and 2

• and just in case your question is not misinterpreted:

note that green indicators mean output is SUPPOSED to be active (TRUE). but if this is not mapped to physical output it will not do anything.

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you for the update panic mode and SkyeFire . This is an old robot which is used by the other branch of my company. I am waiting for the gripping pad and when it will come I will test these suggestions. Thanks once again :smiling_face:

Advertising from our partners