program module attibutes?

• anyone has info on some of the attributes such as &ACCESS or &PARAM.

Some are obvious, such as V in &ACCESS is Visible.

And &PARAM TEMPLATE shows name of template path and name used to create the program. But what is &PARAM EDITMASK *?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I don't know what it's real purpose, but is PARAM EDITMASK is used on VKRC robots, and I suppose it is a way to inform VSS what a user can or can't do on that specific program.

VKRC has a strict program naming convention.

So regular users can only create/manipulate programs named Folge(n), UPs or Makros, where the first is like a main program, the middle is a subprogram, and the later is somewhat a function (doesn't return values, but You can't put movement instructions inside).

These names can be only appended by a number suffix, like Folge1, UP99 and Makro0. On a VKRC, if You put a module named, lets say, Prog01, compiler will complain and give You a red cross.

There are some special makros, like MakroTrigger, MakroSPS and MakroSAW.

VKRC robots also have VW_User, a meta thecnology package containing VW (not so) secret sauce. You can be more creative naming programs inside VW_USer area, but integrators shouldn't touch these programs, unless under very special circumstances.

So, a header from a VKRC4 folge is like this

Code
    &ACCESS RVO1
    &REL 39
    &COMMENT VWxxx
    &PARAM DISKPATH = KRC:\R1\Folgen
    &PARAM TEMPLATE = C:\KRC\Roboter\Template\vorgabe
    &PARAM TPVW_VERSION = 8.1.8
    &PARAM EDITMASK = Folge999[1-999]

A header from a UP

Code
    &ACCESS RVO1
    &REL 46
    &COMMENT VWxxx
    &PARAM DISKPATH = KRC:\R1\UPs
    &PARAM TEMPLATE = C:\KRC\Roboter\Template\upvorgabe
    &PARAM EDITMASK = Up999[1-999]

The header fom a regular Makro (Makro50)

Code
    &ACCESS RVP2
    &REL 1
    &COMMENT INICIALIZACAO MARCAS
    &PARAM TEMPLATE = C:\KRC\Roboter\Template\makrovorgabe.src
    &PARAM EDITMASK = Makro999[0-999]

The header from MakroSPS, a special cyclic makro (acts like a .sub)

Code
    &ACCESS RVO1
    &REL 18
    &COMMENT MAKRO_SPS_LASER
    &PARAM TEMPLATE = C:\KRC\Roboter\Template\makrospsvorgabe.src
    &PARAM EDITMASK = MakroSPS

And, finally, the header fom a VW_USER file (vw_usr_r.src)

Code
    &ACCESS R
    &COMMENT LA_KS24.06.015_VW
    &PARAM DISKPATH = VW_User
    &PARAM EDITMASK = vw_usr_r
    &REL 438
  • I know it is an old post and additionally i'm new to robot programming but i might found a clue about the &Access parameter. If you choose a module and press the edit button, under properties you can see 3 tabs. In the first tab you can select if you want your file to be hidden, write protected etc. This changes the access modifiers accordingly. In the second tab there is a checkbox where you can choose if your subprogram will be displayed when called etc . I hope this helps you somehow and really sorry if i was off topic :grinning_squinting_face:

Advertising from our partners