KUKA message programming

• Hey There !!

I wanted to know the speed of External fan of KUKA C4 controller,so for that i tried using $CAB_FANSPEED ,but it returned a value 0,after searching through internet i found that the controllers made after 2011 doesn't return value for this variable.SO for now am thinking to use Exist_KrlMsg to check the presence of the error "outer fan speed too low" can anybody help me on how it can be done or if there is any other way to monitor External fan

TIA

• Exists_KrLMsg needs an argument - message handle. you can capture and store handle numbers for messages that you generate. you don't get handle numbers for messages generated by KSS or packages.

but you can use other options such as adding in SPS loop something like

SpecificMsgPresent = IsMessageSet(messagenumber)

while signal is declared in $CONFIG.DAT for example

Signal MsgPresent $OUT[777]

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Can you please give me a working example how it can be programmed in SPS.

And can you tell me what can be done to monitor External Fan as $CAB_FANSPEED variable is no longer functional

• that was a working example. look at the message you wish to monitor and use the KSS number

for example KSS00020 is an emergency stop and KSS00203 is General Motion Enable

then you can get some output turn on when that message is present:

$OUT[333] = IsMessageSet(20)

$OUT[334] = IsMessageSet(203)

or

EStopMessagePresent = IsMessageSet(20)

MotionEnableMsg = IsMessageSet(203)

last is possible if you have declared signals

SIGNAL EStopMessagePresent $OUT[333] ; pick an output

SIGNAL MotionEnableMsg $OUT[334] ; and another

for more info refer to your robot documentation and pinned topic READ FIRST (link is below my posts, in my signature)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners