Canon 3D Bin Picking

• I don't know if anyone has worked with the Canon 3D Bin Picking system before but we are having a few issues getting started. We have the Canon side setup and now are trying to get the robot setup. We keep running into errors that are not listed in the book. The first one is Motoplus Error 24 and the other is Motoplus Error 27. Does anyone know what those are and the solution to fixing them?

• Is it an error or an alarm? What text is displayed? Most common that I have run across is I have more out files loaded than the system is allowed based on a parameter. Licensing file invalid is another. Do not know what generation of controller you are on (assuming DX200 or newer), check network inputs 27240 and 27241. 27240 should be a 1 second pulse when communicating with the camera. 27241 should be solid 1. The is a valid motoplus license.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Little digging, haven't seen documentation to support this. Looks like this is probably the trigger to start. The alarms/errors with this could be the camera (scid) doesn't have the correct value of the camera. If you only have 1 camera on the system this would be a 1.

The task id (taskid), part to look for either doesn't match or is not registered in the Canon software. This would be a number that you set up, 1 or higher.

The other alarm/error could be from the MS3START has executed more times than allowed without acquiring a recognition result. The job fails to find the part.

I'm guessing, but I hope this helps.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• We have been able to get the robot to trigger the camera and receive data for the User Frame coordinates. I'm still getting a couple alarms that are not listed in the books but they are sending someone over to help resolve those issues. I will try and share that information here to help others that are trying to setup a vision system using the Canon setup.

• Well after a few weeks we can't get any help what so ever from Motoman. Kawasaki however sent us a robot and came out to help setup the Canon with their robot and took them two days to figure it out and get it working. I think Kawasaki's are an absolute nightmare to program but their customer service blows Motoman out of the water.

Advertising from our partners