Selecting AS Language Version

• I'm wondering how I know which software version to select when loading a KJ264 robot into my simulation environment. The options are shown in the following image. If I open my program backup, the first line says "ASE_K80000W3P", but the "...W3P" option is not available. Does the version matter?

• Your backup is older than KROSET, so I shouldn't expect any issues, but that's not a given though as 'real world' robots could have customised settings dedicated to the client (under license) that may not be available in KROSET, so it may produce errors.

Most of the AS firmware settings are contained in a backup, the AS firmware from the backup is not actually checked against the AS firmware in KROSET, only the relative settings during the load.

Therefore during a load, if settings exist in the backup, but not in KROSET, then they will not be transferred and will more than likely produce a message to respond to.

Usually if KROSET firmware is a later revision, there shouldn't be issues with older settings in a backup.

However, that is not a 'given', you could still experience messages during the load.

Needless to say, it is very possible you may have 'real world' robots with newer firmware than what is contained in the stock AS Firmware of KROSET, therefore those additional settings will be rejected as KROSET stock firmware will not recognise them.

It's something Kawasaki have fallen short of really (IMHO) from a firmware perspective in KROSET and I hope they do develop that side of things to be a bit more current.

Advertising from our partners