Error while installing VisionTech in WorkVisual

• Our school has recently received a KUKA ready2_educate_pro_vision training cell and I ran into some trouble installing the VisionTech module in WorkVisual on the laptop (this is needed to be able to create vision tasks):

I have WorkVisual 4.0 installed on the target laptop and followed the steps outlined in the help file:

1. copied the folders VisionTech and EthernetKRL (this is a prerequisite to installing VisionTech) which contain the KOP-files among other things from the robot's HDD

2. in WorkVisual i've installed the packages (Extras>Option Package Management); there weren't any errors during the install and i can now see the packages installed and the new tool tab appeared with the 'tool block editor' and 'license management buttons' - see image1.

3. according to the 'KUKA.VisionTech 3.1 V2' manual, chapter 10.5.1 - page 62- the next step should be activating the license, however when I click the icon or go through the menu (Editors > Options packages > Vision-Tech > License management) i get an error message: "No vision library detected." - see image2. (i get the same error if i click on 'tool block editor')

Did I miss something? Were there some other files I needed to copy from the robot controller HDD? I've uninstalled and reinstalled WorkVisual and gone through all the steps again and I stll get the same error. Can't find anything about this in the VisionTech manual or the WorkVisual help files.

Thank you for your help.

• I believe there are issues with VisionTech and WorkVisual version greater than 4.0.21.

Please try uninstalling your current version and installing 4.0.21.

• it is exactly as the message tells - you need license. why don't you read the VisionTech manual? it explains entire process in detail.

VisionTech need to be installed on controller (runtime) and this needs license (runtime license).

It also need to be integrated into WorkVisual (development) and this needs license as well (development license).

both are delivered with VisionTech.

also, in addition to perpetual licenses, VisionTech includes five emergency licenses (five runtime and five development). each emergency license is good for 3.5 days.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• what is the exact environment you are trying to install this in? does it meet requirements? what is the exact OS version? what is the exact WoV version? you stated 4.0 which is just major version (no mention of minor and build number)

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• thank you all for the replies. i will try to install WorkVisual 4.0.21 tomorrow.

on the laptop I have WorkVisual 4.0.31 Build0537 and it's running on Win8 (I'll have to check the exact type and specs tomorrow)

it is exactly as the message tells - you need license.

but that's not what the message says!? the license is already active on the robot controller and I want to activate it on the laptop. the manual ('KUKA.VisionTech 3.1 V2 - page 62) tells me to go Editors > Options packages > Vision-Tech > License management; when I do that I get the error!
    i'm sorry if my first post is confusing, English isn't my native tongue.

• Win8 may be a problem too. It did work for some but it was a fussy OS for several people... May try to run VM with Win7.

it can be bare bones installation, no comms are needed or options other than VisionTech since you just need it to create VPP file.

3) read 1 and 2

• those are two different licenses - one is for robot, one is for your PC running WoV

I know this, but I can't even get to where I have to enter the license no. to create the footprint file to send to KUKA

Win8 may be a problem too. It did work for some but it was a fussy OS for several people... May try to run VM with Win7.

I'll try to get a hold of a different laptop or maybe try running a VM tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies.

Advertising from our partners