Toolpath displaced

• Hello guys,I'm having this issue, and I have no idea what it could be. In this case i did a finishing operation tool oriented in Y+ first and then the same operation the tool oriented in Y-. In the simulation everything seems to be perfect but see what happens in real life.

Thanks in advance for your comments

• Changing the tool orientation is a worst-case condition for robot accuracy errors. The general practice is: Don't do that.

The pictures don't really tell me anything. What is the positional error? In what direction(s)? Is the error along the Base axes, or the Tool axes? You'll probably need to set up a deliberate test object to nail down the root cause.

But, in general, avoid tool orientation changes like poison.

• as mentioned you need to find root cause. the best approach is to perform commissioning steps again and in correct order:

1. ensure correct MADA is used

2. if possible mount tool so that TCP is not too far from the flange.

3. loads must be set correctly

4. ensure correct mastering is done. for best accuracy use mastering with offset

5. measure backslash

6. measure TCP (and confirm), as with each previous step you want errors to be as small as possible

7. come up with a quick and simple TCP check before production. this will cut down time, scrap etc if tool has changed or worn out or was involved in collision.

the same must be done for external axis (positioner).

Next look at the motions, are there any overshoots etc. As stated avoid tool direction changes....

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners