Continuous path without smoothing

• What can be done to make the toolpath smooth but accurate?

For example:

Unfortunately, the robot slows down at each end.

If i change:

Code
    $APO.CDIS=20

It goes without pauses, unfortunately with smoothing, i.e. less accuracy. What to do to make it without pauses with accuracy?

Regards.

• Please follow forum guidelines written in stickied READ FIRST section.

Depending on your controller software version you could convert the movements into a spline block(s) as what you want is one of their advantages.

I suggest you read up on splines in the appropriate manual.

• totally agree... specially since spline may not exist on older KSS so to get proper help, post all relevant info.

next question is what do you mean by accurate? what you call smoothed motion is known as approximated motion. and by definition "approximation" is not exact. in case of CP motions it is a parabola. in case one of the two motions is PTP it is anyone's guess.... but it is still repeatable.

so if you want the programmed path to closer match what you are after and if you cannot use spline, you need to divide path into more segments by adding more points. you can also try to use different type of approximation (C_VEL instead of C_DIS).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners