Kawasaki E Controller Locking Program Editing

• Hi,

I am relatively new to Kawasaki robot programming. Onsite we just had a new robot/controller installed in place of an older unit. One question that has come is if there is a way to password protect the editing of programs from the teach pendant. I know this is possible on Fanuc and ABB units but I have not been able to find a way to do this on the Kawasaki unit from reading the manual.

If anyone has any hints or knows how to do this it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

• Welcome to the forum.....:beerchug:

There are a number of ways things can be protected, but Kawasaki OOBE does not include any limitations or restrictions usually.

You will find 'end user's become very annoyed when restrictions are imposed that prevent them from being able to reduce downtime, so restrictions should always be considered before applying them.

The simplest method is to use the already available features such as:

Aux 0802, 0896, 0897 and 0898

By restricting what is available to Level 1 and Level 2 operators by setting them to Level 3 Access, this usually results in removal of the menu's to access them.

You also have the 'Taught Program Protection Feature', this is by no means a perfect solution, but is easily integrated for most cases (manual attached).

Other methods include using PC Programs to 'lock' screens on permanently - preventing access to other areas, you would have to program these yourself, but by using commands like:

MAINDISP

IFPDISP 'x' (where x = Interface Panel Number)

Then there's the main method:

Actually training staff competently to a level, so that they know what they can do, and what they shouldn't do, as in my experience, when you put restrictions in place, it is a challenge to some to circumvent them.

• You can also find in the manual above, the option hiding the programs. The programs will be on level 3 and the operator will not see the programs. Usually, this option is useful when there are many programs and you want to display only the main program. The easiest way to hide the programs is to add ! sign in front of the programs names. For example: .PROGRAM !programrobot

A disadvantage of this option is that you can save the backup, although the programs are protected and loading the the protected programs require Level 3 but not saving :nauseated_face:

• You're welcome.

Just remember most protection features are setup and stored within a full file save.

So actually 'the protection' employed could be circumvented.

If you can grab a copy of KROSET Lite from your Kawasaki Distributor, this is a good way to develop some protection features as well as learning the Kawasaki Controller environment offline before deploying on a real world controller.

Advertising from our partners