KRC1 Teach Pendant not working/ No backlight/ Pendant works on other KRC1 controller

• Greetings!

This is my first post, but I will try to include as much relevant data as possible. My company mostly uses KRC2s, but we have a couple KRC1 cabinets still in use.

A KRC1 has been down due to the teach pendant not powering on. Typically, when a pendant is faulty, the back-light powers on at least. With this particular model, not even the back-light is on. I thought is had successfully troubleshot the issue yesterday by replacing the motherboard with a new KRC2 motherboard, shipped from KUKA. I installed, reconnected all the cables, powered on and the KCP was working. the KUKA software loaded, all faults cleared, and the robot just needed to be mastered. Since it was the end of the day, I planned to master it in the morning at the start of my shift.

I walk in this morning, flip the power on, and once again the screen is blank. Both my supervisor and myself checked all the connections from the PM6-600 to the multi-function, and safety card. They are secure. The cooling fan is spinning and the hard drive is on as well. One thing I noticed is the LED on the KVGA is a solid green, and the LEDs on the functioning KRCs have flashing LEDs. I am not certain what that means, but I at least know there is power being supplied.

Can anyone make sense of this situation? I am happy to provide additional info or pictures of the unit as requested.

Advertising from our partners