Program doesn't work in T1/T2 mode (and also in automatic)

• Hello,

we have some trouble with our robot KR16 with a krc2 ed05.

In manual mode i'm able to move the robot on all axix (robot axis and also 4/4 external axix).

We made a test program to try to move the robot but with out any success.

We called a programmer and he told me that the program is right ... but the robot in T1 or T2 mode doesn't move.

Can you help me to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance. :winking_face:

Francesco

• Does it execute programs in AUTomatic mode?

When trying to execute program in T1/T2, do you keep deadswitch and play button pressed?

Can you show us the program code?

Maybe the program speed is set to 0?

Does the robot execute non movement code (calculation, initialisation, etc.)?

• Post the actual program.

Details:

1. What error messages (if any) occur when you try to run the program?
    2. Does the program execute to the end, hang on a particular line, what?
    3. Do any axes move when you run the program?
  • Does it execute programs in AUTomatic mode?

When trying to execute program in T1/T2, do you keep deadswitch and play button pressed?

Can you show us the program code?

Maybe the program speed is set to 0?

Does the robot execute non movement code (calculation, initialisation, etc.)?

Hello and thankyou for reply.

No in the automatic mode there is the same problem.

Obviously i keep pressed the deadswitch and the play button when i try to start the line of the program.

The program code is attached.

As you can see in the photos the program speed is set to 100%.

How can i check if robot execute non movement code??? when i try to play a line of the program ... the robot told me that he is going to that point but nothing happen...

• Post the actual program.

Details:

1. What error messages (if any) occur when you try to run the program?
    2. Does the program execute to the end, hang on a particular line, what?
    3. Do any axes move when you run the program?

Hello SkyeFire

1) No error message

2) The program don't go on the next line ... it try to execute the first line and then nothing...

3) No axis move... the axis move only with manual commands....

• can you please try to aim your camera at the teach pendant? it would be helpful to see entire screen and without all the reflections.

this is English forum so if you expect help here, change your HMI language to English before taking the screenshot or your posts will be moved to Other languages.

controller CANNOT run program when robot is at the soft limit, according to Google translate you have more than one axis at the limit. of course it will not run,.. you need to jog those axes away from limits. also do some maintenance on your system.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• As Panic says, message 205 indicates that an axis (two axes, in your case) are on the soft limits. This prohibits program execution. Also, any point programmed with a location hitting an axis limit will not execute.

On the KCP, the color of the "R" icon in the bottom status bar indicates the program status. Yellow indicates that the program has been Reset or freshly Selected, and has not begun execution. Green indicates that the program is executing. Red indicates the program has halted for some reason. Black indicates the final line of the program has been reached and there are no more lines to execute.

In T1, when you press Step Forward, the "R" should change from Yellow to Green. If the program hits an error, or if you release the Step Forward or deadman, it will change to red.

• From the screenshot it seems that the robot did go through Bas(#initmov,0). If it's trying to move past axis limits, that could be because tool or base it's using has been changed?

Try and programmatically move it cannon position; should be something like :

ptp {a1 0, a2 -90, a3 90, a4 0, a5 0, a6 0}

Slowly though, don't want to tear out any cables :smiling_face:

• Ok guys, i changed the language of the HMI and this is the new screenshot.

I made a simple program that move from actual position to a point with a PTP instruction and then move to another point with TPT instruction.

When i push down the deadman and then push the start button i heard that the brakes release the motors, but the robot will not move.

Attached the screenshot with the deadman and start button pressed.

Any help is very welcome.

PS. the robot will move manually without any problem with mouse and with pads +/- and the actual position of the motors are all distant from software endstop now.

Thanks

• much better....

your screenshot shows that robot is in T1 mode, override is 100%, programmed speeds are only 10% but that is ok, drives are on and - your program is RUNNING.

this means all issues related to safety, permissions etc are cleared.

what you may have is a very low acceleration value. so robot is moving but... really it is just creeping very very slowly. in a month it will reach speed you may observe. probably someone was messing with BAS.SRC or $CONFIG.DAT or MADA.

so i would open those inline forms or use Single Variable Monitor to check acceleration.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• here attached the files requested.

i’m not so good in code checking but on my first look it not seams to be orrible.

can you check those for me? i’m becoming crazy! :frowning_face:

• Francesco Pantoli, at this first look, I didn't found anything strange on Your backup (and next time, a simple archive would suffice).

But at Your sps.sub, You have this code

Code
    IF ANTICOLLITION==FALSE THEN
    $OV_PRO=0
    ENDIF

I've saw on Your pictures that speed was 100%, but I would take a look at this ANTICOLLITION signal, $IN[5], according to Your $config.dat

• yes, this is arc welder so collision sensor is either not wired or it is tripped.

you can use single variable monitor to check any suspect variable

$IN[5] or ANTICOLLITION

$OV_PRO

$ACC_AXIS[]

$ACC_EXTAX[]

$VEL_AXIS[]

$VEL_EXTAXIS[]

etc.

3) read 1 and 2

• Ok, i checked all the variables that you wrote on the message above and are all NULL.

Only the variable ANTICOLLITION is set to FALSE and i can't change it .. even in Administrator mode.

Do you know how can i disable the anticollition to try to move the robot with a program?

Do you think that the robot is not moving because this variable is set to FALSE?

Thanks to all

• you cannot change input value from controller side. you need to either influence external signal (wire it correctly and reset collided clutch). on controller side you can only bypass it or remove it. this input is a safety for your arc welding torch and you should not bypass it except for debugging.

simple way to passivate it is to comment out $OV_PRO=0 in your SPS. but beware, if your tool collides with something, robot will no longer stop.

3) read 1 and 2

• Just to be clear, i'd like to disable it only for checking if this is the problem ... not forever...

I'll try to comment the $OV_PRO=0 and restart the kcp ... i hope that it will work properly after this test.

In case of positive result, i have to check where is the problem between the anticollision tool and the kcp... i think all is connected right but it doesn't work so i think i'm wrong :upside_down_face:

I will update you soon..

• One specific weakness of controlling $OV_PRO from the SPS is that, if the SPS is trying to set the SPS to 0% while someone is trying to change the SPS from the pendant +/- softkeys, the KCP display can become "disconnected" from the real value of $OV_PRO. One way to check if this has happened is to open the Variable Monitor and type in $OV_PRO. This will access the real value of $OV_PRO. If this value disagrees with the number displayed in the KCP's upper-right corner, you've encountered this issue.

Another cross-check is to open the Position Monitor while attempting to run the program. If the robot is simply moving or accelerating very slowly, you should still be able to see consistent motion in the Position Monitor. If there is no motion in the PM while the program is running, this strongly suggests that $OV_PRO has been set to 0%, as other posters have suggested.

Advertising from our partners