PMC vs BGLOGIC

• kwakisaki , If I'm remembering right, theres a huge difference on R-30iA and R-30iB PMC file format.

R-30iA has only a file called LADDER.PMC. R-30iB has LADDER.PMC and also PARAM1.PMC.

FAPT Ladder 3 V7 and below can open only the LADDER.PMC that come from R-30iA.

To open LADDER.PMC and PARAM1.PMC from R-30iB, You will need FAPT V8 or above.

So if Your newest FAPT is V7, I would recommend You to build a R-30iA cell and see what happens.

• massula

Now that sounds like something that could also be related to having trouble getting it working with Roboguide then in terms of using the earlier version.

That gives me some more information to push to Fanuc now as there must be minimum FAPT version that is compatible for Roboguide.

Many thanks for that Massula, appreciate the heads up with that...……:top:

• Here's my notes just for pulling R-30iA ladders into Fanuc Ladder 3. I forgot about that until massula mentioned Ladder.PMC

To Open Older Ladder.PMC Files

• Open FANUC Ladder-III for Robot
    • Select New File
    • New Program
      • Name 1.LAD to Desktop
      • PMC Type RBT-SB5
      • OK
    • File > Import > Handy-file Format File > Next
    • Specify File (Ladder.PMC) > Finish
    • Import Complete > OK
    • Select "Merging the Symbol/Comment has given priority to the Source Program" > Yes
  • bencor21

I have to laugh, I was just looking at a .PMC file and ways to view it in FAPT Ladder and discovered something on Google, which is pretty much what you've written.

Good confirmation that I'm on the right track.....Cheers buddy.....:top:

• HawkME

Absolutely, this is what I have found also, I have had no issues with bashing in code in there and running it and if the intended application can be steered towards just the BG Logic route, then it simplifies the integration, training and usage for the end user.

With PMC, I would need to get myself upto speed pretty quickly in order to fully support, integrate and train the end user to use it.

Something I intend on doing anyway, but knowing the differences between BG Logic and PMC will aid to certain decisions when it comes to project planning.

Therefore, being able to also integrate PMC with Roboguide will allow to use it in the way I've been using the BG Logic and 'get upto speed'.

bencor21 and massula

Cheers guys, it does seem FAPT V8 (minimum) is required to connect the R30iB and also R30iB Plus within Roboguide.

Now I have that available, I can at least 'get upto speed' with it and look more in depth to answer further PMC vs BG Logic

I think the R30iA is a bust, in Roboguide, even though their appears to be a PMC Programmer function and port assigned (according to Robot Neighbourhood Port Status), it is in a stopped condition.

Then when you look at the ports available in Roboguide, the PMC Programmer is just not there.

So I think the R30iA just isn't available to be used in Roboguide with FAPT (img1).

Saying that though, the R30iA was created from a backup, I've yet to try and build it fresh in Roboguide, it may well work then (like you suggested massula ….I'll let you know...Just tried it and :loudly_crying_face:).

When you look at a R30iB/Plus, you can see that in Robot Neighbourhood, the PMC Programmer Port is there and Started.

When you look at the same in Roboguide, you can see the PMC Programmer is available and with the port no (img2).

I'd like Fanuc to confirm this for me, but as of yet, I haven't heard anything from them.

But it's been a nice journey over the last couple of days.

• Good to know this kwakisaki!

I will put this on my notes.

I don't have any plans to touch a FANUC robot in the next month but. who knows?

By the way, I've stumbled on some applications that were using BG Logic AND Karel Programs AND PMC programs, everything running (not so) seamlessly on background.

But I'm with HawkME. BG Logic has its limitations, but is easier to do, to mantain and to debug. So I always try to stick with it.

By the way, I've stumbled on some applications that were using BG Logic AND Karel Programs AND PMC programs, everything running (not so) seamlessly on background.

Heehee…...I'll let you deal with those for now my friend.....:away:

• Is it advisable to write a program in BG logic only and not have an actual program? For example, I have an entry conveyor, 3 machines, and exit conveyor. Is it possible to just write BG logic so when door is open, cycle complete, and part is unclamped, for robot to grab the part and drop into exit conveyor? Then robot go and load entry conveyor?

This would help get rid of all the jumps and label commands in the regular program perhaps? It's just always scanning to see which machine is ready to be loaded / unloaded, unlike a regular program where you have to add a label and jump to make it continuously loop?

• You can't have motion in BG logic. So you can't have moves or calls to a program that has moves. You would still need a main program that has a loop. The BG logic could set a "flag" that causes the main program to call a motion program if you wanted to do the scanning in the BG program.

Advertising from our partners