Robot not moving parallel to table- Base/robot coordinate system off?

• I have set the robot to move acoording to the Robot coordinate system. Normally it would move parallel to the table when moving it in the X axis. For some reason it moves downwards as it get further away.

Is the Base/robot coordinate system off and how to I correct it?

• Hi,

1. You monitor in current position shows PULSE, in that way it's difficult to understand if you set your frame correctly or how much (in mm) is the difference, change it in ROBOT or BASE.

2.When the robot is in HOME all the axis are in their zero position(there is a line and a plate for eaxh axis, the line must be in "line" with the arrow) and in this case your current position in pulse is all zero?

3. you have a tool created TOOL 9, is it calibrated?

4. Is the table perfectly aligned with the robot axis?

• This is a bit late but if you're working with robot frame the robot shouldn't be moving relative to the table whatsoever, and if you're working with respect to a surface that isn't a static feature of your robot cell, you should be using userframes and teaching a plane on top of the table.

If you are certain that the table is perfectly level with the cell floor, then your robot frame should absolutely be running its edges, and you should re-calibrate your bot.

But yeah, do yourself a favor and don't use things that aren't the origin or the robot as a frame of reference for your robot frame. Even if I'm 99.99999999% certain of the consistency of a surface I still re-teach a UFrame before every cycle to be sure the accuracy is on point. You can even automate the teaching process, though you have to stay on top of your organization of where you store your touch data and what you do with it.

• thank you for all of your replies. I look into it and everything seem fine. Thats when I contacted the guy from motoman that had helped setup the robot. He stopped by and found out that he had done some wrong configurations. He said that the robot was a subtype of a HP20 that they normally dont work with. (the robot was bought second hand from another company). After he corrected his mistakes everything works fine. He still sent a bill for this second visit which im not completly happy about.

Advertising from our partners