Dry Run

• Hello! I have an issue with programming Dry Run on KUKA KR C4.

I want to make Dry Run logic like VKR C4 (volkswagen KSS) at the simple KR C4 robot, but I can't find any documentation about it.
    Have anyone an experience or docs about this function?

I will be very grateful.

• dry run is simply "pretend" operation used for testing. normally it is the actual cycle just modified to bypass certain checks such as part present so that program will continue unhindered. so create own boolean flag or signal that enables/disables dry cycle and use it in your program to circumvent whatever you need circumvented.... of course pay special attention to any handshake with 3rd party equipment. there is no manual on this since each installation is unique.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi, Panic mode. Thank you for you fast reply.

It seems that when you speak of Dry run, you mean the functioning of the robot without the technical process. (As MIG/MAG welding without wire and welding sourceб only robot motions).

I want to find information on how to properly configure KrcDryRun.xml.

I mean the function where the robot changes the value of certain outputs and flags to false if the robot has gone off the path, or a program block has been selected, or user makes backward program run. When the robot returns to any motion block (SAK), its outputs and flags will be set to true or false in accordance with the chronology of how they operate in the program body before this program motion block.

When I said about "DryRun" - I mean this function)) I opened KrcDryRun.xml and there in the comments it says about three parameters on which the functioning of DryRun depends.

But I can’t understand where and how they set the values. May be you have an experience of working with this function?

• not VW user so did not know about this options. i am not sure if KSS supports this but it does not take much to try. the XML file is quite self explanatory and contains both VSS and KSS sections which are identical. but one does not need to guess as dry run function is a feature of VSS and it is documented in VSS Programming manual for system integrators, along with warning not to change the settings as the consequences can be dire.

regardless if KSS supports dry run or not, this functionality can be matched by a bit of code.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners