Using servo motor Turntable with robot

• Hi,

I have a Fanuc M20iA and a servo motor driven turn table on a sub group.

Im trying to get the turn table to spin continuously and cannot figure this out. I also want to be able to set a desired RPM.

I appreciate all help!

• Does your robot have the continuous rotation option?

If not, you can set the axis limits very high, and dynamically remaster once complete with your spin. This is the hacky way to do it though.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Im not sure how to tell if it has that option. However i can manually jog the turntable with the teach pendant as long as I want. So far I have not had to turn it back...

• I found out i do have continuous rotation option.

I also learned how to keep the turn table spinning --by adding a "CTV" command on every robot position point

However id like to simplify it if possible. is there a way of calling up a turntable sub-program at the beginning of my main program that will keep the turntable spinning while the robot does its thing? And at the end of the program i would call up another sub-program to stop the turn table?

Does the turn table need to be on a separate group? Currently its on the same group as robot but on axis 7/sub group...

How can i make this happen?

Any programming experts out there?

• Instead of calling two separate sub programs you could use a RUN command to start the turntable. Ours is setup in G2 which there should be a few posts in the forums about how to set this up. As far as the RUN job goes though:

1:

2: ! G2 Spin

3:

4: RO[8:During spin] = OFF

5:

6: LBL[111]

7: J P[1] 10% CNT100 CTV80

8: RO[8:During spin] PULSE, 0.2sec

9: IF RO[7 Spin stop req.] = OFF,

JMP LBL[111]

10: RO[8During Spin] = OFF

11:

12 J P[2] 50% FINE

13:

14: END

[END]

At the end of our main job we flag RO[7 Spin Stop Req] to let the run job complete. Ours is setup as a milling chuck so positional data isn't of any concern. And we are setup at about 16,000deg/sec for that axis I believe which is roughly 2600RPM's.

Quote from HawkME

If you don't need position control, then I would set it up as a Process Axis. That gives you speed control only, but it is very simple. You don't have to teach points, you just give it the rpm you want and it goes. Perfect for spindles, conveyors, pumps, etc that need precise speed control but you don't care about stopping at an exact angular position.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

Advertising from our partners