Yasnac MRC Alarm 200

• Hello, I am currently working on a YASNAC MRC robot as a school project. When turning on the power an error with "Alarm 200" shows up on the screen. After troubleshooting for a while we found out the battery for the encoder module was dead, the backup batteries in both robots were also dead. after replacing the batteries the error still won't go away, and according to the manual the encoder module will have to be reinitialized.

Is this something we can do by ourselves, or do we need to contact Yasnac to resolve this error ?

• I would contact your local Yaskawa representative. Just be aware that MRC dates back to 1994 so there is extremely limited support for these old robots. They may need to initialize the controller for you so you can load in your backups. Personally I think the RC parameters are scrambled and that's why it won't let you boot up.

• It is not to difficult to reinitialized. There is a switch on the MCP01 Board in the CPU rack. Just switch it to "Maint" and start the Robot, you will then need to choose the robot type and what it will be used for: (Arc, handling or general).

• You actually have to hold down the CUSTOMER key while you power up to go into the mode specified. However, this is somewhat pointless as you require the Yaskawa code to be able to initialize the robot. So I would still recommend that you contact your local Yaskawa Motoman representative and they may be able to come out and help you.

• We have been in contact with the previous owners of the robots, and they will send us the backups, and the codes to restore the backup with a computer.

• Backups will not help you. The robot has to boot with no alarms or errors to get the communication to work to load a backup. You will need to initialize the robot to get it to boot with no alarms before you can load the backup in.

Robodoc

• When entering maintenance mode it asks for an id number.

Update: using 00000000 as ID Worked.

it now boots up with error 7410. also all menus are now in Japanese except in maintenace mode. will this be changed to English when restoring the backups ?

imgur.com/a/YcUyr1m

• Hi, thank you for your help! I have already gotten these codes, but it seems like the entire system will have to be innitialized which require a bunch of parameters to be correctly put in. I have managed to get the language back to english.

On bootup the 200alarm is gone but a new alarm "7410" is now showing. Also a message comes up saying "load batch cmos file"

• Ok, so we tried to Initialize the system with the default parameters, there are now no alarms on bootup.

However when trying to turn on servo power some of the contactors activate, but shortly after loses power, and we get a "Alarm 5390 Servo-Ready on error"

we have checked all connections to the servo packs and controller. some of the contactors only activate sometimes when pressing servo power on, but sometimes only the relays on the MTU boards activate with no power to the contactors.

• I have recorded a few Videos of what happens when pressing "Servo power on"

as you can see only 3 of the 4 Contactors Engage, There is no voltage over the coil of the contactor or the relay that controls the contactor. i have measured and found out that the + side on the relay coil goes to a semiconductor on the MRY01B-3 unit.

When manually activating the contactor, the robots jerk 1-2 cm before the other contactors loses power and we get "alarm 1380 Servo Tracking error"

https://photos.app.goo.gl/W2Kjxjgh3SZgkbmx5

Advertising from our partners