Old KR180PA KRC2 robot with windows 95 operating system. (I have no more information about the robot by now).
I'm doing a palletizing application, once the pallet is full I need to put a cardboard cover on top of the pallet itself.
That cardboard cover comes from another pallet the operators put inside the machine.
The height of that cardboard sheet pile is not always the same as they load it manually, so I have to search the cardboard sheets using the robot.
The robot gripper has several sensors and I can use two of them (to have some sort of redundancy) to slow down the robot and two of them (again, redundancy) to stop it completely.
- I've thought of moving the robot to the top position (the highest "legal" position).
- Reduce the torque allowed in the 2nd and 3rd axis.
- Start a movement to the bottom of the pallet at high speed.
- Once the first interruption happens (we are getting close to the part) then I could use BREAK to stop the robot and start a new movement. => Maybe it would be better to change the $OV_PRO variable lower the speed without damaging the robot.
- Once the second interruption happens (we must stop) I could call BREAK and stop the robot.
This said... do you think it is a good approach to find the parts?
Is there any better way to replace one movement for another during a search without using BRAKE?
As always thank you in advance.