regarding setting workspace

• hi everyone ,

I would like to set the workspace limit for my robot. so that i can protect my equipment against damage. i am using KRC4 controller. i know where to set the workspace monitoring function in the smartpad. But i want to know how is the carthesian workspace monitoring is set up in #outside_stop mode. i succeeded in setting workspace monitoring on the axis specific workspace monitoring. But i want to do the same for the carthesian workspace . but i don't know exactly how to set the point and X1,X2 Y1 , Y2 and Z1,Z2. what that means " distance from the origin" and does the origin specifies the origin of the calibrated base we using or any point. can anyone help me with this. how to set the carthesian workspace monitoring for the KUKA KRC4 controller. i am not using the robot in any kind works i am new to KUKA and i am learning about the kuka functions . I have been stuck in this question for about a day .

• The "Origin" is like a base. It allows you to pick convenient point in space as well as orientation. This comes in handy if space is not aligned with WORLD. in case it is aligned, you may choose to leave origin values as zeroes.

X1 is minimum distance in the X direction, X2 is the maximum (relative to origin).
    Y1 is minimum distance in the Y direction, Y2 is the maximum (relative to origin).
    Z1 is minimum distance in the Z direction, Z2 is the maximum (relative to origin).

Lets consider one axis only.... X

suppose Origin is matchih world: {X 0, Y 0, Z 0, A,0, B 0, C 0}

then

X1=500

X2=800

will specify range between 500 and 800 mm along X axis in WORLD

But suppose you change your mind and set Origin to: {X 700, Y 0, Z 0, A,0, B 0, C 0}

then

X1=-200

X2=-100

will specify exactly the same range as previous case - between 500 and 800 mm along X axis in WORLD

meaning of #INSIDE, #OUTSIDE etc. depends on KSS version.there are some differences so you will need to check correct manual for your KSS version.

in the past #INSIDE, #OUTSIDE were exact opposite since only one point was considered. but now, two or more points are considered and results of each point are OR-ed. that means #INSIDE and #OUTSIDE are no longer exactly opposite.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• thank you panic mode. I tried as u said . i fixed one point as origin and calculated the distance of X1 and X2 from origin. i used tool 1 and base 1 in the base coordinate system. but whatever point i assigned and give outside stop . it coming as "workspace violation". But it worked approximately for some points with approximation distance of about 30 mm. i don't know in which point i am doing mistake . i have attached the image of my smartpad screen . i have created a workspace with certain limits and gave #outside_stop mode., the robot is inside the workspace area only but it says the work space area is violated . "violation of active work space " help in this please!

• looks like your KSS version monitors multiple points. and since space you defined is very small (shoe box), one of the points is always outside.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• mkey..... what exactly is your expectation after post like that?

is there a question supposed to be somehow hidden in it?

or maybe you are trying to suggest that you only look at pictures?

read the manual (at least part that is applicable).

if you are going to ask questions read pinned topic READ FIRST and specially responses you are getting.

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you a lot panic mode for your answer. I didn't finish to post my entire question. And I sent that picture for how the points are considered in my manual.

• you are reading wrong manual. that is KUKA College training manual for "Programming 3". it lacks details that i was mentioning. College manuals are derived from Programming Manual for System Integrators. College manuals contain less information since most of the content is presented by trainer and only handful of cherry picked topics are covered. If you are not sitting in Kuka class, you will be only stumbling through. also those are GENERIC manuals, neglecting differences in KSS.

hence, i repeat .... read CORRECT manual for YOUR system software which was delivered with your robot or get latest version from Kuka portal. link is at the bottom of my posts.

Btw, posting anything from College will get you banned too - but you are clearly oblivious to forum rules as well.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners