KSS00479 Automatic mode blocked

• Our system is KRC4 8.5.8 with KR90 R3100 extra HA robot.
    Yesterday I tried to start the robot in external mode from plc.
    I did not succed and ended up with the message KSS00479 : Automatic mode blocked.
    I did configuration of relevant inputs and outputs for external mode in KRC and the function block in the plc to
    start the robot has been used before in other projects.
    Has someone experience with this message KSS00479?

• I have no more acces to the robot for the next two weeks and I did not check the rights management so far.
    Robot is newly delivered, I did not change the rights management, but as said, I also don't know what's in it now.

• I have not seen that message before. It may be related to KSS8.5.x

One can disable modes in CabCtrl.xml but that prevents mode from being shown to any user and hence selection is not possible.

Don't have access to robot either but suspect it has to do with new Rights managements because this may mode available to certain users. This makes it possible to make mode available per user level and it does not mean that Admin gets access to more modes than other users. One can specifically disable it just for Admin for example.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi all,

I have very similar issue. I want to test my main loop in automatic mode but getting that message. Aut mode is ticked for all users in rights management.

• The simple reason seemed that a component on the Profinet network (welding station that was configured as device of robot on Profinet) was not completely configured and communicating. After that was ok, I could go to automatic external.

• The robot we got is second hand robot and initially it was configured to Profinet but for the purpose of our application I needed to reconfigure that for EthernetIP so got rid of Profinet in the bus and replaced it with EthernetIP - would that create the issue?

Sorry, got mixed up with projects :upside_down_face:

The robot I have that issue was brand new out of the box - so I didn't modify bus configuration.

Edited once, last by radcho: Mixed up with projects ().

• Hello, my case this message appears . But the solution of problem was caused by a remote IO that was not communicating with ethercat. I deleted it from the tree, downloaded the project again and the problem disappeared. Maybe this help you! Thanks

Advertising from our partners