Repeatability issue in Fanuc R-2000ic Robot.

• Hello. I am having an issue with the R-2000ic fanuc robot. 3 months ago we lost the mastering of the robot due to battery drainage and unfortunately one of my colleague performed the zero position mastering and later we had to re teach the entire Hemming process and after a month of reteaching we saw found out few points that robot is not following the exact same point as it used to do before.Now we have to reteach the robot for very minor points after every month, Looks like there is some repeatability issue.Please help.

• If you establish a reference point that is solidly mounted to the same base as the robot, and attach a secure touch point to the end of the robot, it should be able to go to a taught point (within about 0.5mm) over and over indefinitely.

1. If you are just finding more points from before remastering that have not been touched up, that is normal.

2. Ensure that whatever end effector you are using is not bent or damaged. Especially critical on weld torches.

3. Consider the possiblity of someone making unauthorized position touchups that you are then re-re-teaching.

4. If your robot is truly unable to return to the same location multiple times, then there is likely a major mechanical or electrical failure. Ideally, you would have another twin robot, and you can do swaps between components at different levels until the problem switches to the other robot, but sometimes that is not an option. An alternative might be to identify which axis is unable to achieve the correct repeatability, potentially by measuring the angles of the joints with a miracle point or a digital protractor.

• Sometimes checking it the old way is a lot better. Put the robot in home position with the TCP pointing towards the ground ( I don't know your home position, just make sure the robot J6 flange looking down). Apply force with your hands repeatidly from different angles on the flange and check the wrist and the robot as a whole for plays.

Advertising from our partners