How to continue program from position after manual movement.

• Hi,

Story: We have a program combined with HMI that helps the operator to teach new positions.

On the HMI they are able choose a pos that they want to teach, and then in T1 they press start and the robot moves to just above the old position.

Now the problem start. If they want to use the mouse or buttons to move the robot into the new position instead of the custom made HMI then the robot goes back on path when start is pushed.

My question is: Is it possible to disable the function where the robot moves back to path when moved manual when executing a program? And instead continues from its position.

Reset program is not an option.

KSS 8.3 and up.

Br. Casper

• Hm... the only way I know off the top of my head to get around this behavior is to use the Block Select to explicitly choose the next motion point, which disables the return-to-path function.

You might be able to use $NEAR_POSRET to have the PLC disable $MOVE_ENABLE and try to force the operator to use Block Select. Not an elegant solution, but it might serve.

• i would be asking question how to prevent operator from using function they are not supposed to use. or at least display prompt to tell them that robot will return to path

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks guys.

Not the answer I hoped for. But I more or less knew it already.

I have looked for way to disable the function for some time, but will now try to get around it another way then.

Br.

Advertising from our partners