What thicknesses and metal fittings are used in the comarc system?

• If you talking about the setup:

Prepare at least three sets of test pieces equivalent to the work piece thickness, same stick-out length( if welding to 200A or less - 15mm , More than 200A- 17 to 20mm)

and better if you do it in a tee joint.

Hero for fun, I'll help you when I'm bored.

• Comarc can track “T” and “V” groove butt joints in mild steel with up to 500 amperes of welding current, and it can seam track lap joints from 3.2 mm in thickness and higher. I Don't think comarc would work for that type of joint, Comarc is very sensitive set-up/ calibration needs to be ok, stick-out, Frequency, L/R, U/D settings. If possible take a look to servo-robot camera the laser seam tracking option, works great with Yaskawa, works with any type of joint and tracks in real time. Thanks :hi-bye:

• Laser "tracking" does not affects cycle time because is in real time (scanning and welding), now if you use laser seam "finding" you have to scan the part first and then weld that would affect your cycle time a little bit.

:hi-bye:

• Laser "tracking" does not affects cycle time because is in real time (scanning and welding), now if you use laser seam "finding" you have to scan the part first and then weld that would affect your cycle time a little bit.

:hi-bye:

Compared to touch sensing both laser sensing and tracking affect cycle time - they make it helluva faster. And I know the difference - I work with a robot with iCube.

There's just no need to make the investment for just a few butt joints if one can get sufficient results without it.

Advertising from our partners