X41 Connection

• What do you mean, "different X41 connections"? Different from what?

This is what I found on my last Agilus, by hand-testing each pin with a voltmeter.

Keep in mind, you also have to set up the Inputs and Outputs in WorkVisual:

• well how about some context?

this is not Agilus, it is Agilus2.

cable set is obviously standard M12 8-pole.

document you attached also shows that connector is different (welcome addition, old one was way too bulky) and number of I/O is reduced compared to Agilus.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• since cable is 8-wire, two of which are power, 6 wires remain. out of those, two are outputs, 4 are inputs.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• btw, just downloaded manual from Xpert, page 114 of Agilus-2 manuals shows pinout as well:

so with cable pinout, you can match the wire colors to X41 contacts

3) read 1 and 2

• SkyFire, that image with red line and orange robot in the background is not easiest to look at. i tried to touch it up a bit:

3) read 1 and 2

• wow, Xpert is really a nice kuka internal tool. Back to the point , It seems the 2nd generation Agilus has 2 DI less than the 1st generation Agilus in X41 connector and 1 set less than the 1st generation Agilus in the internal pneumatic valves.

• Yes but there seems to be also an pass through energy supply so one can bring additional signals if needed

3) read 1 and 2

• I'm currently using a KUKA KR10 R1100 sixx robot at school. My professor asks to do some research and see if we can obtain power from arm via its ports. Is it possible from X41 pin to supply 24V to a smoothie board microcontroller? Much appreciated in advance!

• Is it possible from X41 pin to supply 24V to a smoothie board microcontroller?

Smoothie board? I guess you're trying to use an Agilus as a 3D printer?

Be careful about the current limitations -- I don't have numbers offhand, but I'm not sure you can push enough current for heating an extruder through the Agilus's internal I/O power bus.

Advertising from our partners