Help with Ed05 DeviceNet setup

• I've been fighting with setting up DeviceNet for a while now, trying to either figure it out or learn what questions to ask using the other threads around here.

I have a KRC2 Ed05 KR210-2.

It's got an LPDN scanner, an A30 multi-power tap, and a Turck FDN20-16xsg IO station, set to Mac ID 2.

I have an MFC and don't have a preference of LPDN vs MFC, I just need to switch solenoids for the most part - I'm pursuing the LPDN for now because I've read it's got more capability... for the future.

I wired according to post #11 on Devicenet problems (although my cable goes through the A30 power tap, maybe I should have skipped it)

The cable runs from the Turck unit to the tap, then out to LPDN Ch1 (X801 is an old sticker) with 121ohm resistors on the extreme ends. Resistance between is 60ohm, but I don't have the shielding grounded, I'll do that in a bit.

The #2 LED light on the the LPDN card is flashing red, #1 is off.

Here are my current configurations:

DNSC_1CO:

[CONFIG]

MAC_ID=2

BAUDRATE=500

DEBUG=1

DNSC_1SL:

[2] <<This must be 2 to boot error-free

MAC_ID=2

VENDOR_ID=256

PRODUCT_TYP=7

PRODUCT_CODE=2801

POLL_RESPL=3

POLL_CMDL=2

IOSYS.INI:

[DRIVERS]

DNSC1=12,dnsc1Init,dnsc1drv.o

[DNSC1]

;INB0=2,0,x1 ;$IN[1-16] <<< No matter what I've tried here, I get an IO Configuration Error. I don't want to waste time here if my problems are further back, so i commented it out.

The DNSC1 error log states "No slaves in scanlist-file" and shows ERROR [2]: No device

My Turck device should be slave #2, shouldn't it? Should it be listed in both CO and SL files?

I haven't been able to get Telnetk to do anything.

• you need to read that post and understand it....

your Turck I/O block is a slave. as mentioned in that thread, you cannot have communication SLAVE to SLAVE. sooo, why are you configuring robot to be a DeviceNet slave? and why is this slave same MacID as your Turck node? MacID must be unique.

and this is your master setup:

DNSC_1CO:

[CONFIG]

MAC_ID=2

BAUDRATE=500

DEBUG=1

how do you set bus speed at the Turk I/O? Autodetect?

and your master is ALSO using same MacID address as the Turck slave. why? MacID must be unique.

and your wiring also shows external jumper from power terminal X941 to X943.3. this is not needed, there is internal connection for this on the A30 board. btw, your wires are stripped too much, and should have ferrules. wiring like this is how you short things.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I didn't realize DNSC_1CO was the master configuration! I saw that in the manual and was using the examples they have for CO and SL, but they used MACID=1 for both, and I thought it was a running example so I copied it (MACID=2 in my case, still incorrect). I'll make changes to that later tonight and update the thread.

Yes, the Turck has autodetect. I'll order some ferrules right now.

Edited once, last by kbekkala ().

• Basically, the CO file defines the robot, and the SL file defines the list of remote devices. But you have to set up both files, regardless of whether the robot is master or slave.

If the CO file defines MAC_ID as 0, the robot is acting as a Master on that channel. Any other MAC_ID (up to 255) sets the robot as a Slave device with that MAC ID. The CO file defines the baud rate the LPDN card will work on in either Master or Slave conditions. The Debug setting controls if the LPDNx.log file is generated.

If the CO file sets the robot as a Slave, then the SL file needs to be set to the Vendor ID, Product Type, and Product Code of the LPDN card (418, 12, and 14), and the POLL_RESPL and POLL_CMDL define the number of bytes the robot will appear to have on the bus -- this is flexible.

If the CO file sets up the robot as a Master, then the SL file contains no settings for the robot, but instead contains a block for each Slave device the LPDN channel driver will search for on the bus (and will throw an error if it does not find them). Like this:

Each block has to start with an identifier number inside square brackets -- these must be consecutive, no skipping! Inside each block, the settings are unique to every device, and can be obtained from the device manufacturer's documentation.

Advertising from our partners