connection laser with kuka

• Hello all,

im new on this forum and also new on KUKa robot. In our company we are buy separated robot KR 16 1610 with KR C4 and fiber laser IPG head. Softwer is kss 8.3

I insert laser xml file in workvisul, also connect I/O 10 digital outputs and 10 inputs. Like is writing in IPG kuka feildbus protocol sittings. i deploy settings in kuka controller but still dont work. i get error about slave and sys 44. You can se on pictures in attachment. There must be something wrong bettwen master and slave...or about digital outputs/inputs. Mybe ip configuration?

If someone have any solution pleas let me know.

Thank you and best regards

• Show your WoV bus topology for X44.

your screenshots show only TWO nodes

1. EK1100 with just digital 8in/8out.

2. COMX RE/ECS

but your message complains about slave "3".

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you for your response Mr. panic mode i am a little in panic :smiling_face: so there is topology for x44. I dont know why is slave 3. I have only laser and rotation poisoner.

COMX RE/ECS is file from laser company. I think i have something wrong in configuration....

I am still so basic basic ultra basic user to configure what is wrong

best regards

• the thing with Ethercat (at least the way KUKA implemented it) is that one failed node will bring entire bus down. or more than one bus. and there is no way to passivate node without deploying new configuration. this makes troubleshooting hard.

i would suggest:

1. check if there is anything ELSE, that may be connected to last node (ECS)

2. try to create smaller configuration for test purposes. for example, without ECS to make sure EK1100 and it's I/O are ok. and if not, remove them one by one. once you get first node sorted out and working, then add ECS again (or just by itself, without EK1100 block)

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• all of them show Beckhoff... do you mean one in post #4?

EL2828 is not selected so mid and bottom portion of the IO mapping plugin show ECS mapping, not EL2828

3) read 1 and 2

• Dear all,

Thanky you for all support and information. I made connections between robot and laser.

Thank you Mr. AndrewWang it was really helpful. To see how you are connect.

you use the same laser?

Now i need to write program and start with good welding 😁

Best regards

Advertising from our partners