Roboguide How to making Machines move?

• Hey guys, so I am trying to make a simulation in roboguide where I have two conveyors moving, one is rotary, the other is linear, basicly I am trying to recreate the setup from the Scara iRvision video from Fanuc:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here is my current project: http://prntscr.com/q8y1fd

However, I can't figure out how to make the table rotate, I know that I need to add servo somehow, but I can't figure it out. I tried selecting the robot on the Group menu, and the table rotates, but it rotates in tandem with J1 of the robot, so it just moves back and forth, which is not what I want.

• Make the table a "Machine", add servo. "Machines" can have simulated motion. You can then command motion and even use DO to control it. You might make it a conveyor type if you need it to spin continuously.

Thanks, I already did that, I cant figure out how to handle the motion part, please look at the screenshot of my first post.

I also managed to get it moving with DO but it just moves back and forth, i cant figure out the correct settings.

• That cell is a line tracking cell. Doing it with external axis, or digital interface is the wrong way to do it.

You will have to add a fixture, then under that, add a line (shown as conveyor in my picture below), then add a link, which will act as an encoder to the robot controller, which you map in the link properties.

Then in the controller, you define what type of tracking is being done. In the case of your video, circular on one of them, and line on the other.

You then use the conveyor toolbar to jog it.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Hi Nation, there is no option to add link to my fixtures as in your picture:

Can you please add more details about the process, I am really struggling to figure out how exactly these things are done in roboguide, pretend that you are explaining it to someone who does it (motion) for the first time in Roboguide.

• When you created your robot, did you select the line tracking option? It likely won't show up without that option on the robot.

Also, I messed up, it would be adding a "line" at the top fixture level. Not under a fixture.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• When you created your robot, did you select the line tracking option? It likely won't show up without that option on the robot.

Also, I messed up, it would be adding a "line" at the top fixture level. Not under a fixture.

No I didn't, but I added it now.

Now my table shows as a conveyor and I added a motor (from the fixtures cad), now how do I make it move? I gave it encoder number (tracking schedule) to the robot controller.

On the conveyor tab I gave it constant speed, but it doesnt move.

What else do I need to do?

P.S. I have not used Encoders yet (in real life or in simulation).

P.S. Eventually I will be adding iRVision to the setup, I dont know if it makes a difference, I pretty much want to recreate the setup from the Scara demo video

Advertising from our partners