Need Help with an EA1400N with a slipping T-axis

• Need Help with an EA1400N with a slipping T-axis

The problem we are having with one of our Arc-world 6200. NX100 with two EA1400N Robots. One of the robots keeps losing its tool center point. It appears only with the T-axis. It does not trip the shock sensor, but the operator notices to weld locations are off and will stop to correct the TCP. Every time we check TCP the T-axis has moved up to ½” only in the (T) joint rotation. We can correct it by manually turning the T-Joint axis by hand with or without the servo power on. We have checked the Motor and belt for movement or slippage, but all appears normal. Have you seen this before? Do you know of anything to check, inspect, and or tighten to correct this problem.

• Check the bolt on the drive shaft at the T-axis side. The T-axis motor pulley turns the belt. The belts turns a pulley that on the other side is a beveled gear. The beveled gear turns a shaft. At the end of the shaft is a course tooth gear (8-10 teeth?). The bolt that secures the gear to the shaft can loosen up. The course tooth gear turns the T-axis drive. You would need to remove the torch. Remove the bolts on the gray metal piece around the gold flange. This will give you access to the bolt.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Thank you for your quick response. We inspected the phenolic mounting block at the base of the weld gun and the 2 pulleys (motor and gear input). All checked out to torque specifications and paint marks matched. Then we checked the bolts at each end of the T-Axis shaft. The one close to the R-axis joint was at torque specifications and the painted match mark was inline, but the bolt at the other end of the shaft close to the torch mount flange was loose and the painted match mark was off 90 degree CCW. So we tightened the bolt back to specifications (86.6 in/lbs.) and the painted marks lined up. That fixed the issue with the slipping of the Z-axis.  Thank you for your help.

Advertising from our partners