Help me Grease ?

• Hello friends

İ have to fanuc robot.

Fanuc M20İA

Fanuc M20İA 20M

FANUC M710İC50

FANUC 2000İC165F

FANUC Robots how grease use my robots. İ dont find lublication documentary Help me Thanks. İ think to use castrol tribol pd2 longtime grease :smiling_face: I need your ideas ?

• I have changed grease on 3 robots in our factory R2000ib/125L, R1000ia/100F, and a R2000ib/150U, and they all used VigoGrease for all the axis according to the manual. only the balancer grease zerks on the R2000ib/125L required different grease.

• If you are doing preventative maintenance you can follow these steps as well along with robot lubrication.

1. You should take a backup of your robot programs at regular interval of time.

2. When the robot is in motion , check every cables , motors noise , fasteners , harness . All should be in good and acceptable condition.

3. Through inspect the brake operation. Due to repetitive use of emergency stop button effectiveness can be weakened.

4. Look for any oil spillage , abnormal noise , vibration.

5. Use recommended grease at joints and wherever it is necessary.

6. Check electrical components i.e. cables , fans , plcs , power supply boards , safety switches etc.

7. Through check teach pendent , Inspect each and every button are working in good condition.

8. Keep neat and clean the electrical compartment. Use blower to clean the dust in fans and at areas which are prone to dusting.

9. Check batteries and RAM , Change if not working on good state.

10. Check Balancer and apply grease.

11. Run robot in neat and clean environment as mentioned in the robot documentation.

12. Replace bat. in robot arm and controller when required.

• also make sure you're not just adding grease to the zerks. you need to have the grease port open so the excess can flow out. and then you need to run it for a while with the ports open to drain the excess, this is very important or you will risk blowing seals. There are procedures for each robot.

• You can order grease kits from Lincoln Electric. Order kits for each robot you want to grease.

Each kit will come with instructions on ports that need to be open and where to add the grease.

They will also tell you what position the arm needs to be in when adding grease.

They will send you the grease that is reccomended for your specific robot.

This can be A messy job, wear coveralls, or better yet have someone else do it.

• I know this is an old post, so mostly documenting this in case someone besides me comes across it.

If you're greasing any FANUC robot, I suggest getting a hold of the Mechanical Unit Maintenance Manual for each robot from FANUC. Sometimes you have to have some joints at a certain angle when replacing the grease.

Long story short, you need to remove the grease "Exit" bolt and then you can start pumping (very slowly) NEW VIGO RE0 or MOLYWHITE RE00 grease into the joint. Pump until clean, new grease is coming out (or there is very little gray/black crud in the grease coming out). I would personally rather was a little new grease than leave contaminants and crud in the grease joint.

After the grease has been added, you should jog the robot around, as specified in the manual. Essentially you need to jog enough to get it to "burp" any air bubbles out of the grease and make sure the grease pocket is full of new, clean grease.

On bigger robots, like R2000 and M900's, you will use VIGO RE0 (looks like Honey) for all joints, but the balancer will be greased with a different grease, I believe it's any grade 2 grease.

Cheers.

Advertising from our partners